Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller's cheques

Options
  • 11-06-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

I have several hundred pounds worth of Sterling Traveller's cheques. I originally purchased the traveller's cheques in Bank of Ireland, and I was told when purchasing them that they never expired and I could cash them in at Bank of Ireland at any time in the future. I dropped in to Bank of Ireland recently to cash them in, and was told this was no longer possible in the branch.

The traveller's cheques are American Express, but they also have a Bank of Ireland stamp on them. As I was told when purchasing the cheques that I could cash them in at Bank of Ireland at any time in the future, please advise how I can go about doing so.

Thanks,
    Merlin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Merlin,

Thanks for your query. Back in May 2010 we withdrew from the sale and encashment of American Express Travellers Cheques. They can, however, be lodged into a customer's account. If you're not a Bank of Ireland customer your own bank may accept lodgement of them or you may be able to cash them at a foreign exchange dealer.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement