Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom build specs

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Not sure what size SSD you went for, (coz I'm too lazy to look) but anything from 60GB and up all that stuff should go on it, every program you use + a few of your favourite games.

The whole point of the SSD is to make your daily tasks just run quicker and smoother.

EDIT: And good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That's good news.

64Gb is fine for browsers and all your usual stuff.
    Programming tools? That's probably not too big. Some multimedia programming programs might be huge but if you're talking about Visual Studio or Java suites or programming notepads, then yes, but make sure that you're going to be actually using them. If you find that you're not using something, uninstall it or move it to the hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman_321

Monotype yup, Visual Studio, Eclipse, NotePad++.
    I will be using them a lot. I used ninite to install stuff and it never gave me which drive I wanted them installed on so it wrote everything to the C drive. But since I use them a lot I guess it's ok.
    I am really glad everything is working, I even played my favorite game and it looks fantastic for an old game. Can't wait to try something like CoD or Crysis.
    And bunch of thanks to you guys :)

EDIT:
    Thanks Fluffy!

Advertisement