Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash website.

• 11-06-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

im looking to put a facebook feed onto one of the pages, but do not know if you can do this through html in flash, what i'm wondering is is there a java function for these facebook status update feeds on a website and if so can anyone help me with this problem, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

What do you mean by "feed"? Facebook has an API which can be queried with some JavaScript easily. Grab an API key and maybe a popular JS library like jQuery or Zepto if you're unfamiliar with AJAX. I recommend digging into the code though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Wanchor wrote: »
    What do you mean by "feed"? Facebook has an API which can be queried with some JavaScript easily. Grab an API key and maybe a popular JS library like jQuery or Zepto if you're unfamiliar with AJAX. I recommend digging into the code though.

Basically i want to link a news feed, so when the page on facebook has a status update the website will show the status update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

im looking to put a facebook feed onto one of the pages, but do not know if you can do this through html in flash, what i'm wondering is is there a java function for these facebook status update feeds on a website and if so can anyone help me with this problem, thanks.

So are you familiar with ActionScript (Adobe's scripting language for Flash)? This would seem the most straight forward way of attempting this, rather than using HTML or Java.

Here's a really bored/boring sounding guy doing a 'Hello World' app in ActionScript using the Graph API:

Advertisement