Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Order of the Street Fighter" - Ono interview

Options
  • 11-06-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Not sure if you lads have read/known about this before but there's a good interview with Ono here

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-11-the-rise-and-collapse-of-yoshinori-ono

The bit about the "Order of the Street Fighter" is interesting. Is he laying foundations for some sort of all-games street fighter online experience or is he trolling as usual?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I thought the interview was a pretty scary piece on how Ono nearly worked himself to death, and Capcom don't care.

He sounds pretty bitter about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Man that definitely sounds rough. :/ I wonder how much of that is the interviewer putting spin on it, or how much of that is actual resentment from Ono?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That barely sounds like the troll Ono of the past few years at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Wasn't too surprised by this

Their business practice is infamous so Capcom coorperate's consideration for their staff can only be a shared trait

Seems like such a cool guy, seems like Capcom needs a union

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I just read this now. A great interview, giving great insight into the working environment at Capcom but also depressing to see another story of "money, money, money" vs appreciation of employees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Didn't know that Ono was the origin of SFIV.

Advertisement