Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iTouch audio jack failure.

• 11-06-2012 11:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Right lads, I have an iTouch, checked online, still in warrenty until July 5th, lately the audio jack has been acting up but today it totally stopped working.

How do I go about getting it replaced?

There are two "service centres/resellers" in in Galway.

IS it as easy as bringing it to the shop and they give me a new unit or will I have to wait for repairs?

From what I've read online it seems to be a common enough problem.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

Call Apple on 1850 946 191. they will sort it out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Cheers :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Brought it in to GalMac in Galway and they sorted it out for me, dropped it in at 5pm on tuesday and they called me at 10 on wednesday and told me to come collect it.

Apparently they Audio out on the iTouch has a habbit of getting dirty and then it can't make a clean connection with the jack on the ear ear buds and this loss of quality, mine was so bad it sounded like it wa sunder water.

All it too was a quick clean out and not it's perfect again. They even replaced my battered screen while they were at it, which was rather nice of them!

Kinda disappointed I didn't get a new unit though, the extended warenty would have been nice :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Seaneh wrote: »
    Brought it in to GalMac in Galway and they sorted it out for me, dropped it in at 5pm on tuesday and they called me at 10 on wednesday and told me to come collect it.

Apparently they Audio out on the iTouch has a habbit of getting dirty and then it can't make a clean connection with the jack on the ear ear buds and this loss of quality, mine was so bad it sounded like it wa sunder water.

All it too was a quick clean out and not it's perfect again. They even replaced my battered screen while they were at it, which was rather nice of them!

Kinda disappointed I didn't get a new unit though, the extended warenty would have been nice :P

Wouldn't have made any difference, warranty would still be from the original purchase date of the iPod Touch.

Edit to say, you should have 3 months warranty on this repair now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I completely frazzled my headphone jack (accidentally sent a heap of voltage to the ipod touch, the sparks should have been a hint something was wrong)

Apple wanted 150 euro to fix it but for 15 euro I just got a mini heaphone amp for the serial dock powered by the ipod touch and as a bonus the sound is actually now better than it was through the integrated headphone connection in the first place!!

Heres what I'm talking about
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E1-Headphone-Amplifier-Black/dp/B00325SG24/ref=dp_cp_ob_ce_title_0

• Advertisement
Advertisement