Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Minecraft

• 11-06-2012 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying Minecraft for the PC. Are there any mods or other things I should get? Where is the best place to buy it?

First time playing it so any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Herrick wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying Minecraft for the PC. Are there any mods or other things I should get? Where is the best place to buy it?

First time playing it so any advice appreciated.

go here to buy it.

as for mods, play it as it is and then see what you want out of the game. Mods exist for almost everything you can think of, so you dont want to install a mod (for example) for fast walking when you can install a mod for flying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I suggest you play with vanilla Minecraft for a while , i played it for a good 6 months before adding mods.

Minecraft Forums is also a good website for getting started with mods. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

You can get the game from Minecraft.net

Like Kenno said, play the game clean for a while to get the idea and then look at modding up. Also don't forget to join us on the Boards.ie official server. We would be happy to have you.

Like I have said before, you have never really played Minecraft until you have got your teeth stuck into a good server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Like I have said before, you have never really played Minecraft until you have got your teeth stuck into a good server.

Makes a brilliant game, 10 times better :P

Advertisement