Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting up early!

• 11-06-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Would getting up early (half 4ish) effect the way you perform in the exams? I know it kinda does, but is it that big of a deal?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Depends on the person and the exams. Because it's Irish and biology tomorrow I'm going to stay up for at least most of the night tonight, because I'm used to functioning on little sleep and those exams largely just involve regurgitation of information. For physics and applied maths I'll try to get a good night's sleep before them as I'll need to really be able to concentrate on them.

If you're not used to functioning on only a few hours sleep I wouldn't risk it before exams, you can't know how it will affect your performance. It shouldn't really impact too greatly, and the extra information you'll get covered could go a long way in the exam.

tl;dr: depends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Tippgal93

I did it last night. Went to bed at 12 and got up at 4.30. It worked for me in Irish today. I went for an hour sleep when I got home, studied till half 12 and I plan on getting up at 4.30 again. I have a free day wednesday though to catch up on the missed sleep! :)

Advertisement