Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing money between AIB and Ulster Bank..

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any advice to help me out.

On the 30th of May I transferred money (online) from my AIB account to my boyfriends Ulster Bank account. This money has still not come through even though it was debited from my account on the 30th.

I started complaining to the bank last Friday yet nothing has been done and the bank has not made any contact with me other the three times I have called them. My boyfriend has been on to Ulster bank but to no avail either.

Basically, AIB are saying that the money has left my account and gone to Ulster Bank so it is out of their hands and Ulster Bank are saying that the money never reached them so it is not their problem.

The correct details were used in the transfer and AIB have confirmed that the bank details I entered are my boyfriends..

What am I meant to do now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Whichever companies online system you used is the best place to start which in this case would be AIB, good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Same happened to us in work , I transferred money on 29th May from the business account to a customer's account , we had done this before and had his details but he never told us he had closed this account and opened a new one. The money left our account but obviously he didnt receive it. We rang AIB who said if the money was going to a closed account it should have bounced back to ours but it still hasnt come back. AIB are ''looking into it'' but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Karen23 wrote: »
    Same happened to us in work , I transferred money on 29th May from the business account to a customer's account , we had done this before and had his details but he never told us he had closed this account and opened a new one. The money left our account but obviously he didnt receive it. We rang AIB who said if the money was going to a closed account it should have bounced back to ours but it still hasnt come back. AIB are ''looking into it'' but no luck so far.

If the transfer occurred near the time of his closing of the account then his branch may have transferred the money to a holding account until they got the details of his new account. Account transfers are handled by a separate team in AIB and not his branch. This happened to me and it took 2 weeks to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

First off you should ask AIB to place a trace on this payment, seek a payment reference number from AIB and give this to your boyfriend to query with Ulster Bank. A written complaint at this stage to the Head Office should also help move things along more swiftly.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Legislator

Under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 your bank (AIB) has to ensure that your payment is credited to the beneficiary account (in this case the account in Ulster Bank) on the next working day. This assumes that you made the payment before 15.00 in the afternoon. AIB is liable to you for the correct execution of the transaction and if they can prove that the monies were received by Ulster Bank then Ulster Bank are liable to the beneficiary. Contact AIB and quote the Payment Services Regulations and ask them to confirm in writing that Ulster bank received the funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

OP, make sure to post the outcome here, as similar posts come up every now and then, and it would be great to see what is causing these transfers to be delayed....

Advertisement