Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here ever do DMT?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethyltryptamine
    N,N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) is a naturally occurring psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family. Its presence is widespread throughout the plant kingdom.[3][4] DMT occurs in trace amounts in mammals, including humans, where it may putatively function as a trace amine neurotransmitter.[5] It is originally derived from the essential amino acid tryptophan and ultimately produced by the enzyme INMT during normal metabolism.[6] The significance of its widespread natural presence remains undetermined. Structurally, DMT is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT), the hormone melatonin, and other psychedelic tryptamines, such as 5-MeO-DMT, bufotenin, and psilocin (the active metabolite of psilocybin).

When ingested, DMT acts as a psychedelic drug.[7] Depending on the dose and method of administration, its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences; these are often described as a total loss of connection to conventional reality with the encounter of ineffable alien realms.[8] Indigenous Amazonian Amerindian cultures consume DMT as the primary psychoactive in ayahuasca, a shamanistic brew imbibed for divinatory and healing purposes. Pharmacologically, ayahuasca combines DMT with an MAOI, an enzyme inhibitor that allows DMT to be orally active.[9]

I've never tried it myself so i can't comment on it, only ever heard of it recently through a joe rogan podcast
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I had a Rogan Josh a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I had a Rogan Josh a few times.

too funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

There must be DMT in our water supply.

How else to explain Mick Wallace?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Here's its sister. And not narrated by a douchebag..imo...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Ah yes, the oul Magic Mushrooms, Biddy and Miley had them in Glenroe once.

• Advertisement

bc dub wrote: »

Here's its sister. And not narrated by a douchebag..imo...

From what i've read and watched, people live dmt, that video you posted makes that drug seem sh1t?

Stinicker wrote: »
    Ah yes, the oul Magic Mushrooms, Biddy and Miley had them in Glenroe once.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79155749&postcount=3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

too funny

That has to be thee most irksome phrase, how can something be 'too funny'? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

From what i've read and watched, people live dmt, that video you posted makes that drug seem sh1t?

Don't cast judgement after one video. I think his main problem on that 'trip' was that he was only doing it because he was living with the tribe that use it. If you want to do it and go there specifically for it, then its harder to have a bad time, I'd imagine. I only posted it because a lot of people reading this haven't got a clue about it and might respect the opinion of a BBC reporter. Even with all the bull**** tribal music in the piece, he says at the end that it was a "powerful lesson and a humbling experience"

I never reached heights which I would claim to say the same but I have only used Changa which is another form of DMT and did not properly "break through" as they call it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If it's anything like PMT include me out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I dont think my fragile mind could handle it, did shrooms a couple of times, not the best experience of my life i'd have to say.
    But if the oppertunity presented itself, shur who knows..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

watch a film called.. 'enter the void'

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

That has to be thee most irksome phrase, how can something be 'too funny'? :(

The word 'irksome' irks me. I don't know why.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter

One account of the death of Chrysippus, the third century B.C. Greek stoic philosopher, tells that he died of laughter after giving his donkey wine, then seeing it attempt to feed on figs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Listen to Tool, they're always going on about DMT and opening their third eye n stuff like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Watching the video in OP I am just thinking the whole way through "pics or GTFO".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My problem with psychedelics is the duration. A big dose of mushrooms can having going 6+ hours which is just impractical. Salvia is good in that respect cause its no more than an hour but you have to be prepared to trip absolute balls and its too intense for me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Where do i start....its the most intense trip ive ever had from a drug you need to have a strong head on yer shoulders to do it IMO.It dosent last long in the slightest but fook me its mad,ive done it twice id never do it again,ruined a friend of mine he had a breakdown from constant use of it lost his wife and all,My advice on DMT???Dont touch the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My problem with psychedelics is the duration. A big dose of mushrooms can having going 6+ hours which is just impractical. Salvia is good in that respect cause its no more than an hour but you have to be prepared to trip absolute balls and its too intense for me tbh.

I've tried salvia a few times - and it's some crazy shít for sure.
    I love psychedelics in general though so the intensity is a plus for me, that being said i don't really do them anymore due to being old and boring and so on. Never tried DMT but i definitely will do at some stage - as far as i know it's duration is very short 15 minutes or so iirc?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Where do i start....its the most intense trip ive ever had from a drug you need to have a strong head on yer shoulders to do it IMO.It dosent last long in the slightest but fook me its mad,ive done it twice id never do it again,ruined a friend of mine he had a breakdown from constant use of it lost his wife and all,My advice on DMT???Dont touch the stuff
    Did ayahuasca anyway and it's a major trip. Mentally, physically and spirtually(if that's your thang) exhausting. You feel like you're actually dying at one point. That's part of the shamanistic buzz about it. Soul death and rebirth kinda thing.Very fcuking scary. If you've demons in your past they can become flesh, crawl up your leg and start chewing on your soul. Heavy duty shít. Cool if your head's relatively together and if you're with people like the native shaman types that use this regularly and guide people through it. Plus dunno about DMT's duration but ayahuasca felt like (and was)hours with time freezes in the middle, never mind the vomiting. Some people get uncontrollable squits too. IMHO it's so not a recreational thing. I'd be with GT on this one, avoid.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm too tired to make proper sense of that right now.
    If it includes magic mushrooms, then yeah, I did Hawaiian and Mexican mushrooms before, and they were amazing.
    If it doesn't include them, then no, I haven't done it.
    I hope to catch up on my drug taking years when my kids are grown up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement