Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egg And Spoon Race

• 12-06-2012 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

Do these still exist? I remember when I was a wee fella these were the highlight of the school sports and summer festivals at this time of year.

Manys a mantelpiece proudly bore an egg and spoon 1st place trophy that people would gaze at after closedown on TV.

Those were the days . . . . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I preferred the sack race myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They never had eggs at our school sports day for some reason. We used to use a potato on a spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I won a potato on a spoon race once, jammed a match into it and held the match with my thumb...... nailed it.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The last time I did it was about 12 years ago at a bike rally with my ex holding the egg and spoon on the back of the bike

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

My school could never afford spoons so we ran with the eggs lodged between our ass cheeks. Winner would get a clean arse and a medal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

The last time I did it was about 12 years ago at a bike rally with my ex holding the egg and spoon on the back of the bike
    That's some kinky sh1t right there. . . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Which came first the egg or the spoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Yep it was spuds here too. And the old three legged race would be practised for weeks ahead of sports day around the school yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

i used to love the 3 legged man race

They never had eggs at our school sports day for some reason. We used to use a potato on a spoon.
    I won a potato on a spoon race once, jammed a match into it and held the match with my thumb...... nailed it.
    :D
    Yep it was spuds here too. And the old three legged race would be practised for weeks ahead of sports day around the school yard
    Never realised I went to a posh school until now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

You don't appreciate what you've got til it's gone, Where To

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

chewing gum can be handy for these events

chewing gum can be handy for these events
    Really? We used to lace the chickenmeal with Superglue the night before. . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I like to spoon and I like to egg, am I missing something here? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Last time I was in an egg and spoon race I was about eight. We were all lined up and ready to go. Just as we'd set off running, my friend's mam had looked down at the box and realised something. She then screamed something about how they weren't organic. Cue everyone (myself included) immediately throwing the eggs away and running off to our SUVs.

We never had another egg and spoon race again. It still gives me the shivers.

Advertisement