Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying prepaid game time online?

• 12-06-2012 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

So we're Irish and we cant pay with Maestro cards.

cba to waste a day heading into town to get a prepaid card so I came across a couple of websites that sell prepaid time and they email you the key to use.

Such as <modsnip>

Just wondering if anyone has used the likes of this before?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

just went and created an account with them. Total payment for 60 days was 22 euro... which is cheaper than buying cards or even paying online via cc sub. Theres a 1 euro 'handling' fee or some lark, but totally worth it.

Got on live chat with one of the lads because I was left waiting 10 minutes for the order to process and he sent me out a key right away.

So, wow paid for by a maestro card.

Savage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I deleted your link, as they also sell gold. Glad it worked out for you though.

didnt look for gold! Is that a bad sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Im confused..?

Did u start this thread just so u could answer your own question?! xD

Shoulda waited a day and u coulda got a few more answers....

no, i started it and decided asking for info, got bored and went ahead with it in anyway. Decided to share the experience

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

red_ice wrote: »
    didnt look for gold! Is that a bad sign?

Some gold selling websites can be dodgy ****ers that install keyloggers and such to try and gain access to your account. Might be worth running a virus scan or spybot S&D sometime in the near future.

Well I used an old email account, made the purchase on their website, they sent me a verification email, then a verification text message to enable my account for purchasing. When i bought, they sent me a generated screenshot of the key that i was allocated and it worked fine!

It was like buying off of any other website, but the invoice that was emailed had the key... seems legit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Don't be shocked if your gametime gets removed in a few days when the payment for that gametime goes through and gets denied by payment team in blizz.

However it could be legit and you may be fine. Just never buy gametime from farmers in-game for gold as that gametime defo gets removed. Just a heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Shattered Crystal are a legit and good company. They sell game time cards for most games but are most popular for selling eve GTC.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/code.php/world_of_warcraft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Ebay has a lot of game time cards for sale on that at decent prices. And you can set up paypal using a debit card with your bank account :D

Ebay is pretty safe, and you can just look through someone's feedback easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

bought gold and cards off loads of sites over the years, never had my wow account hacked, never had any dodgy CC stuff either.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

well, im gonna try it out and let see what it has to offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got the sweats for WoW today

Bought time on ebay got code instantly, €20

Job done!

Got the sweats for WoW today

Bought time on ebay got code instantly, €20

Job done!

As much as i love wow.. I cannot see myself returning until MoP!

What exactly are u going back for? Game is dead... And if there is anyone still playing, its most likely noobs who have just started to raid DS!

You should really just wait for MoP and dont burn yourself out on the current crap content! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

MMOGA have always been reliable for me. Great retailer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Akarinn wrote: »
    As much as i love wow.. I cannot see myself returning until MoP!

What exactly are u going back for? Game is dead... And if there is anyone still playing, its most likely noobs who have just started to raid DS!

You should really just wait for MoP and dont burn yourself out on the current crap content! :)

Levelling Horde characters

Plus gathering the materials required to make me a couple of hundred thousand gold :)

Levelling Horde characters

Plus gathering the materials required to make me a couple of hundred thousand gold

Before i un-subbed i had all the characters i needed. 5 85's all in decent raiding gear.. plus a good chunk of gold to see me becoming king of the AH once again.. :p

Remember all those ppl selling Queen's Garnets on the AH very early into DS?

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

LoL, king of AH huh... great characters all in 85.

LoL, king of AH huh... great characters all in 85.

Iv seen some of your comments on other WoW threads here on boards..

But i cant seem to pinpoint your usefulness?

Advertisement