Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone AT&T

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I need help making something clear to me. I am currently trying to buy a used iphone. Each item I see from irish sites says Iphont AT&T. Does this not mean its locked and wil not work here?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

shay.w wrote: »
    I need help making something clear to me. I am currently trying to buy a used iphone. Each item I see from irish sites says Iphont AT&T. Does this not mean its locked and wil not work here?:confused:

Not necessarily, when describing the iPhone 4 Americans use two different terminologies AT&T and Verizon to describe the difference between the two networks. Ireland uses the same network type GSM and UMTS as AT&T. But before you but anything double check with the person selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shay.w

kjl wrote: »
    Not necessarily, when describing the iPhone 4 Americans use two different terminologies AT&T and Verizon to describe the difference between the two networks. Ireland uses the same network type GSM and UMTS as AT&T. But before you but anything double check with the person selling it.
    Thanks,
    would you known if i bought an at&t iphone. would i be able to put it on any network pay as you go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

shay.w wrote: »
    Thanks,
    would you known if i bought an at&t iphone. would i be able to put it on any network pay as you go.

If its unlocked you should be able

Advertisement