Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Room within a room

• 12-06-2012 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a room that I want to start playing music in, very loud at some points- drums etc. It's in an industrial estate, concrete floors and walls. There should n't be too much problem with neighbors as there is pretty much no -one else in there, and a recording studio in the estate anyway,
    but I really would be into getting a room within a room done for my own peace of mind, or at the very least spent a few hundred minimising any leaking sound.
    - anyone done this with any success? What did you use? Pros, or dry wall and soundproofing glue options? build it yourself? Cost?

Any help at all would be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I built one a few years ago for a contractor.

It was being used as a linguistics room where studio recordings were being recorded on to cd's so it had to be well sound proofed.

The walls had to be built at angles (ie. no 90 degree corners)...apparently this was to do with sound reflecting back.

It was also a room within a room construction.

PM me if you want my number and I'll talk to you more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TheMoon

thanks, I'll give you a call after the weekend. And thanks for the info. Anybody else?
    It sounds silly, but my thinking is that I don't need to do a totally pro / expensive job- I don't have a that kind of money in any case. All I want to do is dampen things to the extent where a residence 50 or so feet away wouldn't hear much

Advertisement