Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Create new threads and post polls at the same time

Options
  • 12-06-2012 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Why is it that when you're starting a new thread and adding a poll that you have to wait until the OP is posted before adding the poll?

Why can't you just create an OP, add a poll and then post the two together?

It can be particularly frustrating as readers can access the thread before the poll has been posted and it can create some amount of confusion.

I realise that this wouldn't particular matter if you intended the poll to only have one or two option or if you were posting in a low traffic forum.

However, if you were posting in a high traffic forum (like AH) and had a lot of options to type in, it could take a few minutes before the poll appears and a few people would have already read the OP by then.

An example is a thread I created here (it was locked before I had time to finish the poll). You see that one or two users complained that they couldn't view the poll yet, this was because I was in the middle of writing it and there were a lot of options.

(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep this has bugged me on those occasions when I post a poll, by the time you've done the work half a dozen people have posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Pedant wrote: »
    Why is it that when you're starting a new thread and adding a poll that you have to wait until the OP is posted before adding the poll?

Because that's how vBulletin (the forum software we use) does it.

I'm going to move this thread into Site Development as a Feature Suggestion

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement