If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD 3D Projectors

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, I am in the market for a HD 3D projector and am torn between these 4 models Optoma HD33/300x and Epson EH TW5900/6000. Can you give me what prices these are if you supply them and also do you have a demo room where I could see these PJ's working? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gibbers

Same question from me too :)

I've come very close to pulling the trigger on an order for the epson TW5900 on pixmania but would love to go with richersounds instead.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hey guys.

These are both excellent projectors.

I have a personal preference on the Optoma HD33.

I love the performance, size, quite operation and excellent brightness and lumens and I'm more of a fan of DLP than I am of LCD.

I find that the Optoma looks smoother on motion than the Epson although the 6000 is also an excellent projector.

Currently, the Optoma HD33, I can do at £1229 and the Epson would work out at £1450. The Optoma currently comes with 1 pair of glasses and a 3 year warranty and the Epson comes with 3 pairs of glasses.

Unfortunately we don't have a demo room....yet !!!! hint hint John.

I hope this helps but if I can help any further, please let me know.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gibbers

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Can you also quote me in Euro's for the 5900 with three sets of glasses? I'd also like to get the Sony BDPS580 3D Blu Ray player.

Cheers
    Gibbers

Hi Gibbers.

Unfortunately the 5900 is not one that we bring in at the moment. We run with the 6000.

The 580 is a decent player, but we have the 780 for just £149.95 at the moment and it will play DVD's from anywhere in the world. This got a 5 star review in what hifi at £240 !

The 580's are also multiregion and they are £119.95.

I hope this helps but keep me posted if any of these are of interest.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharkey_dub

Hi, is there an extra set of glasses (2 pair) with the HD33 as I have seen on your UK site? Are they the 3D RF glasses and how much to deliver to Dublin. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Sharkey.

The Optoma at £1299.95 would come with 2 pairs but I can't do it with 2 pairs at the £1229.95. I can do the projector with 1 pair at £1229.95.

The glasses are the http://www.optoma.co.uk/3D-RF.aspx

Delivery would be £12.99.

Many thanks

Dave

Thanks Dave. Are they in stock and if so how soon could I get one delivered?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks Dave. Are they in stock and if so how soon could I get one delivered?

Shark - the Projector is available locally from stock BNIB, we have plenty of the specs available from our main warehouse which we can have despatched directly to you no problem so...keep us posted if you feel the sudden need to splurge (or of course if we can assist in any way)

Thanks as ever,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭dubguy45

The Epson 6000 comes with one pair of glasses but you can claim two extra pairs after purchase. Panasonic light weight 3D glasses are better than the Epson glasses.

Have my mind made up on the HD 33.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭dubguy45

No problem. Good luck. Hopefully no RBE issue.

Ok cheers, cant wait.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ok cheers, cant wait.

Hey Sharkey.

If you would like to get one ordered up you can get us on 0044 333 900 0070 or 0044 333 900 0071 :)

Hi, Dave quoted £1299 for HD33 plus 2 pair of glasses and £12.99 for delivery, as I have a VAT number can you tell me the price excluding VAT and how soon I could get one delivered. Thanks.

Hi Sharkey.

The total excluding the VAT would be £1095.49 including delivery.

You could have this delivered on Wednesday if ordered before 1:00pm on Tuesday.

We would either need a copy of the VAT cert or a letter from the VAT office which states the VAT reference to enable us to ship this ex VAT. This can be emailed to sales@richersounds.ie or faxed to us on 0044 2890 321291.

Let me know if you would like to fire ahead.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Sharkey,did you get your projector

<SNIP> apparently not much difference between the hd 300x and the hd33 .I am thinking about that one myself or i might just go for the optoma gt750-xl as it seems to be good value for money.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

@ben101,

I've snipped part of your post above - please take a moment to read the charter for this forum (here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 ) - casual references to other retailers is not allowed here.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Sorry Ritz, my bad,didn't read the thread properly:o

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.