Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap wall-mounted planters/flower boxes in Dublin centre?

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Anyone know where around Dublin centre I could find small (preferably) inexpensive exterior wall-mounted planters? The kind that are a metal frame not with an actual pot inside but with a brown liner (coconut husk/compressed dried moss?-- not sure what the liner is made of?) that your soil and plants go inside?

Don't have to be very large, a foot or so would be fine. It's the type of thing I swear I've seen in Lidl or even a pound shop before, but now don't see any anywhere, and I'd like to avoid have to drive out to a DIY shop and pay 20 or 30euro each.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

Here in the UK where I live up to a few weeks ago there were loads of them in the cheapie shops.( £1.00 shops.) Now you cannot get them for love or money.I went in Saturday to get a few and the shelves are bare.There has been a run on them it seems.I expect its the same in Ireland,When they are sold out they are gone.Hope you find some somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Don't know about Dublin but Tesco in Waterford have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Dorothy Roxy

If your near Blanchardstown there is a shop called Dealz in the retail park beside Lidl that has them for €1.49 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

Aldi had some of those recently , my local store had a few left on Monday so might be worth a call to you local Aldi , see what they have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dealz in either Blanchardstown or else Omni Park,Santry.

1 euro 49 cents each.

• Advertisement
Advertisement