Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with music in Melbourne

Options
  • 12-06-2012 7:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi I sing in a band here but can't get many gigs. We play Irish and rock and used to do pretty good back home.

Does anyone know of places we could gig in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭darcy07

the celtic club or any other irish pub ring them or try the hostels or just check the newspaper the irish echo i remember seeing something about a celtic festival coming up for bands

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

try "The Cherry Bar" on ACDC Lane. Its very rockery though so its full on !

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mise_me_fein3

It's all agents here. Can't get many gigs on your own. We do already play in the Celtic Club and a few other Irish bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Make friends with other musicians, then play support slots for them. That's how my partner's band got going. Then the venues' booking agents get to know you and offer you your own slots.

Also, dropping demos into venues for their bookers. The Lomond in East Brunswick put on some trad and Irish bands, maybe check them out.

Advertisement