Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More cold calling!

Options
  • 12-06-2012 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I keep receiving cold calls from Electric Ireland, re switching to them for gas and electricity. I am already a customer of EI but live in a rural area where there is no mains gas.

The numbers are always withheld, never leave a message and sometimes ring twice a day. I usually don't answer withheld numbers, but I get so sick of this one that I cave in eventually.

Once I tell the caller that there is no mains gas in the area they apologise and end the call.

My complaint is, I have told these cold callers three times in the past six months that I have no mains gas in my area. But my number seems to keep popping up on their systems. What can I do to get these calls to stop? Surely a note can be made on my account that due to lack of gas infrastructure in my area, I am not a candidate for this offer?

I don't want to chew some call centre operative out of it, as I know they're not personally responsible.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭vicM

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Hi,
    I keep receiving cold calls from Electric Ireland, re switching to them for gas and electricity. I am already a customer of EI but live in a rural area where there is no mains gas.

The numbers are always withheld, never leave a message and sometimes ring twice a day. I usually don't answer withheld numbers, but I get so sick of this one that I cave in eventually.

Once I tell the caller that there is no mains gas in the area they apologise and end the call.

My complaint is, I have told these cold callers three times in the past six months that I have no mains gas in my area. But my number seems to keep popping up on their systems. What can I do to get these calls to stop? Surely a note can be made on my account that due to lack of gas infrastructure in my area, I am not a candidate for this offer?

I don't want to chew some call centre operative out of it, as I know they're not personally responsible.

Thanks

you are probably on a list as someone who can be called for special offers etc call them and ask to amend your data protection clause and say you don't want to be contacted, or toy want to be contacted by other means eg email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Aglomerado,

Our apologies that you have received these repeated calls. If you send me your account details by private message, I will ensure your number is removed from this list. I would just need the following:
    • Your name, address and account number
    • Your date of birth (for data protection) and confirmation of the number that was dialled
    Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Cheers David. PM sent.

Advertisement