Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work and saving

Options
  • 12-06-2012 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

Im currently on the gold coast and my original plan was to stay here for a couple of months working in bars/restaurants and spending some time on the beaches but the weather is sucking a bit and the job scene isnt the best, at least from what others have told me.

So, im looking for a town that I can do 2-3 months of work in and save some cash. I dont care what type of work im doing as long as I can make some decent cash and save. I have heard alot of mixed reports about fruitpicking and farm work with some people saying that you can save easily and others saying its impossible and not worth the effort.

A lad told me yesterday that Kununurra will pay good money, $25-$30/hr for farm work but that seems fairly far-fetched. Anyone done some work out there?

I was also told the mining towns like Mt. Isa would be a great for finding high paying work quickly. I know mine work wont really be available but other jobs like hospitality etc etc are crying out for people? Any truth to this cause gumtree and the likes dont seem to show up much of anything in these places!

Advertisement