Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Carroll Village

Options
  • 12-06-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

60 Dundalk apartments extensively damaged by fire last night

Updated: 06:23, Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Dundalk fire station tasked three appliances to deal with the blaze

It is understood that the fire started in the kitchen of a second floor unit at the Long Walk Apartments in Carroll Village at 10.45pm, before spreading to adjoining homes.

One man was rescued by fire-fighters and taken to hospital, but his condition is not life threatening.

An adjoining apartment complex was also damaged before the blaze was brought under control by Dundalk Fire crews.

Three fire appliances attended the scene.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0612/60-dundalk-apartments-extensively-damaged-by-fire.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just to be accurate: The article states
    60 apartments were evacuated after a fire caused extensive damage to the complex.

60 apartments were not extensively damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Just to be accurate: The article states
    60 apartments were evacuated after a fire caused extensive damage to the complex.

60 apartments were not extensively damaged.

That was the heading when I posted it so it was an acurate quote from RTE, thats why I included the link. What you have done is updated it just like the original author did. :) It now reads "Man in hospital after blaze at Dundalk apartment complex"

here you can check http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0612/60-dundalk-apartments-extensively-damaged-by-fire.html

oh look they forgot to update the url... Go get them Maxine Attractive Lake news@rte.ie should get to them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Relax! Don't get them in a twist. I just updated the sensationalist headline you had repeated. No big deal; just accurate. Chill :rolleyes:

Advertisement