Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiter waiter, there's a hair in my soup!

• 12-06-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

If you were eating in a restaurant and found a single hair on your plate would you complain?

Our would you remove it and carry on munching?

If it was sort and curly I'd complain but otherwise no, it's only a hair.

What say the rest of you great knowledgeable ones? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Shhh the other customers will get jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

"Are you sure it isn't yours?"

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I'd complain that the Pubic soup I ordered was a bit small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

If you were eating in a restaurant and found a single hair on your plate would you complain?

Heh heh, does this happen you much given your username?

Complain the hell out of it. I rather not have bits of other people in my food.

Carry on eating and pray to God it was an underarm hair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Normally there's a punchline to these.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

waiter! waiter!

What is this fly doing in my soup??

the backstroke sir....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Carry on munching.

I've long hair and I shed like a doirty doig so it would be a bit rich for me to complain considering the offending hair likely belonged to me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Wouldn't be the first hair I've had in my mouth ..while in public ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Waiter waiter, there's a hair in my soup.
    ...I ordered the rabbit!

Waiter waiter, there's a hair in my soup!

Very nice for you sir!

Really? Its still attached to its severed head!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

One hair I'd let it go.

More than 1 and I already had a starter then I'd pay for the starter but refuse to pay for the main and leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Depends.

If its straight or straightish, i keep munching.

If it's curly or pubic looking, i simply get up and leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Normal hair, i'll complain.

Pubic hair, i'll dump money on the table in small coins for what i've had already, and get up and walk out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Normal hair I wouldn't really care, pubic hair and i'm running for the hills never mind complaining.

I'd go in and piss on the floor of their toilets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Was in a restaurant one afternoon, and seen they had 'oasis soup' as that days special.

I asked the waiter what was oasis soup? What did you get with it?

He said you get a roll with it........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Wouldn't be the first hair I've had in my mouth ..while in pubic patrol ..

There! fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Depends on what country you're in.

I'll let Spike explain...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I found a hair in that was cooked into my battered sausage once. I just threw away the part it was touching and ate the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

RVP 11 wrote: »
    I'd go in and piss on the floor of their toilets.

Really. Classy.

For me, if its only a single head hair then I wouldn't be too fussed about it. Hair falls out, the hair nets can't catch them all. They're not designed like pokèballs.

If it was a pubic hair or a nail then I'd be giving it back and not paying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would pay for the meal alright, however the money would first pay a visit to mine ass and the waiter would receive a stink palm for his egregious error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:mad: what have you all got against people with curly hair? :mad:

If the thing tasted fine then...just keep eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I would pay for the meal alright, however the money would first pay a visit to mine ass and the waiter would receive a stink palm for his egregious error.

Not enitrely sure you'e going after the right target here - surely it's the chef's fault?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Would you complain if the chef was black and had short and curly hair under his or her chefs hat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I had lasagne a few months ago, a big black hair going through the centre. Said it to the waiter and he said, would you like me to pick it out for you?! Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Waiter, waiter, there's a hair in my soup. I'm going to report your restaurant to the Food Safety Authority and get them to issue a prohibition notice closing down your business for unhygienic practices.

The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i was in the cinema munching on popcorn when i felt a tickle

got a bit of hair about a foot, foot and a half long and it was all covered/wrapped in popcorn

it put me off the rest of the box but i never complained. Didn't see the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Happened to me once. Just yanked it out and kept munching.

Another time I found a piece of plastic in my food. Did the same thing.
    Food was nice.

"Waiter waiter there is a fly in my soup!"
    "Don't worry sir, the spider will get him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I would be sending it back. That's just carelessness. And denotes poor hygiene. If you are preparing food your hair should be tied back.

A hair probably not as bad as the time I cut myself whilst preparing a cheeseboard years ago. Turned my back for a second and then had to snatch the bloodsoaked cheese out from under a customer's nose as the other idiot waitress happily delivered it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Happened to my partner in a Chinese restaurant in cork, he ate the soup and put the long black hair(partner is bald)on the side dish. When finished girl came over to take the bowl my partner said it in passing about the hair. She said that he put the hair in the soup!!! And that he drank the soup he wasn't getting it for free(he said nothing about wanting the soup for free).
    She came with the main course and slammed down the food and said hope this be ok!! I looked at my partner and we just laughed ...... The food was lovely .... Never left a tip and have been back again, but thank god no hair in the food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Pubic hair, i'll dump money on the table in small coins for what i've had already, and get up and walk out.

It's reactions like this that annoy me and I don't work in a restaurant or anything. Why do people go ape over these things? Calmly explain that there's hair in your food and be sure that it'll be taken care of. You'll either get a new plate or it'll be free. By all means if they're not interested in your complaint or are rude to you let them have it but be nice first, these things are generally mistakes. (unless you slept with the chef's wife or something)

Most places will jump at something like that, after all serving food is their business.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

was it rabbit soup ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Once my friend found a hair in his pizza/garlic bread thing in Apache pizza I think it was, after he ate about 3/4ths of it.

He then complaint to the staff about the hair. So they gave him another new one. I was like they've definitely spat in it for practically getting another free garlic bread after he had pretty much eaten most of the original one he got...

Advertisement