Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community crèches - how do I find out about them?

• 12-06-2012 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

Location, cost and conditions?

I'm on the dole looking for work but more likely to need training with work placement or jobs bridge first so I can't afford Creche for my toddler and baby.

I'm in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Contact you local childcare committee for a list . Depending on where you are : Dublin City Childcare Committee or Dun Laoighre Rathdown County Childcare Committee .

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

If you are in college full time on a v.e.c or on back to education, or even if you have a medical card you will be entitled to subvention. This means your childcare costs will be significantly reduced although you still pay some.
    You have to find a creche place first. The information on subvention and on the other schemes (there is another scheme where certain courses mean you receive totally free childcare) is extremely hard to come by, you entitelments are not always easy to find. Find a local communtity creche and even if they have no places get them to explain the system to you, as they are best expalining, not social welfare or v.e.c etc.
    hths

• Registered Users Posts: 27 leitirmeas

I got a list of the creches who are part of the subvention scheme in my local citizen's advice (galway)

Advertisement