Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheryl Cole - Belfast & Dublin

Options
  • 12-06-2012 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Belfast Odyssey Arena (October 3) Tickets from £35.50 incl. booking fee
    Dublin O2 Arena (4) Tickets from €39.05 incl. booking fee
    Nottingham Capital FM Arena (6)
    London O2 Arena (7)
    Sheffield Motorpoint Arena (9)
    Liverpool Echo Arena (11)
    Birmingham LG Arena (12)
    Manchester Arena (13)
    Glasgow SECC (15)
    Newcastle Metro Radio Arena (17)

Tickets for both shows are on sale this Friday, 22nd June at 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't see why the Belfast and Dublin dates are going on sale a week after the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Would she fill the O2?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would she fill the O2?

Yea i was thinking can she sell over 20,000 tickets between Belfast/Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would she fill the O2?

She'll probably sell them on her name rather than her music. They obviously don't think they'll sell massively as there's no room between any of the tour to add extra dates

She'll probably sell them on her name rather than her music. They obviously don't think they'll sell massively as there's no room between any of the tour to add extra dates

I wouldn't say she'd be able to sell out any more than one date.

I don't think this will sell out straight away, but some time closer to the gig perhaps.

Besides this is only a short tour before she gets back with Girls Aloud in November and probably plays many of the same venues in the new year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

She will deffo sell them cause of her name, I think the tickets are very pricey though????

sisco wrote: »
    She will deffo sell them cause of her name, I think the tickets are very pricey though????

Only the meet-and-greet packages are pricey (£350 I believe), but ticket prices are in the range of 35-40.

I reckon it will defo be sold out by the time the gig comes around, three #1 albums under her belt and her next album is already tipped to be quite the success story too.

Add that to the fact she didn't tour the first two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

CANT WAAAAAAAAAIT.

Wow, I think I'll end up peeing myself when I see her.
    Are VIP passes available, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Jackobyte wrote: »
    CANT WAAAAAAAAAIT.

Wow, I think I'll end up peeing myself when I see her.
    Are VIP passes available, does anyone know?
    Might see you there! I bought a long trench coat especially for it. Hoping I can knock out a quick one when she's on stage without anyone seeing. Already have the pockets stuffed with toilet paper to clean up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not that I care, but facebook pre-sale is gonna happen on Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mrscloudatlas

Heard tickets are not selling hence the radio ads. Sure all she does is mime to pre recorded tracks while prancing around the stage. Anyone can do that.

The Original Rudeboys are supporting her

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭firebug_guy

Wonder what % of tickets have sold for Dublin...

Cant wait for Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think Cheryl is a poor excuse for an artist and, in all seriousness, I question the idea of selling her on name alone to fill these huge venues when she shouldn't be performing in them. I don't know how she is supposed to fill a headline set on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭checkcheek

I wonder will there be any discount tickets going. Cause I would love to see her but to be honest I'd only spend 20€ to see her. Plus that's the only but if cash I have at the moment. Till I get paid the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roryj123

WHY would anyone pay to see that muck! can't sing for her life,and mime's half the time,Guess that's why the tickets seem to be a disaster.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Only the meet-and-greet packages are pricey (£350 I believe), but ticket prices are in the range of 35-40.

I reckon it will defo be sold out by the time the gig comes around, three #1 albums under her belt and her next album is already tipped to be quite the success story too.

Add that to the fact she didn't tour the first two albums.

I dont think she has sold out I think there is still alot of tickets left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭micks_address

Any idea what time she will take to stage at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Apparently she only came on and performed for just over an hour.. Besides that was it good anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Think it was about an hour and a half...she came on @ 8:45 and left around 10:15...but I actually enjoyed it! (I was a chaperone for someone :))

She's actually pretty good live, something I wasn't expecting...great backing dancers, some nice effects...for someone who's not a big Cheryl fan (I do like a bit of Call my Name :D and a few others) it was great!

I felt sorry for the poor woman who brought along a bunch of flowers and got passed them up all along the way until they got to the stage...then Cheryl just walked off ignoring them :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Gig last night was great! Myself and a mate went last minute, her new material is actually pretty good. The place was almost full, I'd say a lot of tix went in the last few days. Some lip-synching during the fast numbers but a lot of live singing as well. The whole affair had a Vegas-y feel to it, and rock arrangements of a lot of songs - loved how during a costume change her band played "Kashmir". :p They didn't rely solely on the synths - the title track of her current album was a highlight, the band gave it a grungey feel rather than the syrupy synth it is on the album.

She has a lot more stage presence live than comes across in rag magazines or the telly. IMHO I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Gaga at the Aviva a few weeks ago or Kylie Minogue last year.

And I'm a classic rocker at heart ;)

If she toured again I'd go again for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

IMHO I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than Gaga at the Aviva a few weeks ago or Kylie Minogue last year.

I was at both of those and found them to be so bland and boring. (meanwhile, I loved both of their previous tours.)

I didn't get to see Cheryl but I really wanted to.

whirlpool wrote: »
    I was at both of those and found them to be so bland and boring. (meanwhile, I loved both of their previous tours.)

I didn't get to see Cheryl but I really wanted to.

If you find a Mechanical Horse,Gun Bra,Moving stage,Motorcycle and popping out of a womb on stage boring there is no pleasing you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

roryj123 wrote: »
    If you find a Mechanical Horse,Gun Bra,Moving stage,Motorcycle and popping out of a womb on stage boring there is no pleasing you...

Lol. I touched a nerve, obviously. Throwing a load of big expensive props on stage does not make it automatically interesting. Besides the fact that I didn't go to the concert to see someone popping out of a womb or shooting bullets from a bra. I've been extremely pleased by a whole lot less.

whirlpool wrote: »
    Lol. I touched a nerve, obviously. Throwing a load of big expensive props on stage does not make it automatically interesting. Besides the fact that I didn't go to the concert to see someone popping out of a womb or shooting bullets from a bra. I've been extremely pleased by a whole lot less.

Well I'm glad the majority of people disagreed,Considering how poor her 'tour' is doing

Advertisement