Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City to the Airport

Options
  • 12-06-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Getting a flight from Cork on Sunday evening, coming down from Dublin on the train that afternoon.

What is the best way of getting to the airport from the city? I see on the Cork Airport website, it mentions something about a train, but it doesn't go into detail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

The train station is a 5 minute walk from the bus station. The Kinsale bus goes to the airport on its route. It'll be about 25-30 mins of a bus journey. That's definately the easiest and cheapest way. Check out the bus timetables for Bus Eireann...just be aware that Sunday service is less frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Getting a flight from Cork on Sunday evening, coming down from Dublin on the train that afternoon.

What is the best way of getting to the airport from the city? I see on the Cork Airport website, it mentions something about a train, but it doesn't go into detail.

Theres no train anyway to the airport, best bet to get a bus from the bus terminal which is about 1Km from the train station.

A return ticket is €6.56, alternatively you could get a cab from the train station but it could cost ya the best part of €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

It is only 5 miles from the station to the Airport so a Taxi is not going to be that expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

BailMeOut wrote: »
    It is only 5 miles from the station to the Airport so a Taxi is not going to be that expensive.

Yes, it will. Telling u from experience. The cheapest i ever got from train station to Cork Airport was 18 euros, it was monday afternoon.
    Usually its ranging between 20-22euros, sunday defo wont be less than 20eur, as sunday and evening taxi rate is more expensive.
    Taxi's don't go just by mileage, but also by the time if their speed goes below a certain amount (standing at traffic lights, slow moving in traffic, etc).

If you have much luggage with you and dont feel like walking to busstation, you can choose to spend 1.70 on bus nr 5 from train station to bus station. It is one stop away only though.

As mentioned before me, Kinsale buses all go through airport. There is also Airport bus from busstation. Whichever have handiest timetable for you.
    I remember few airport buses actually started from train station, but not sure which and how frequent or if they still run.

EDIT:
    Checked it out and theres more airport buses straight from Kent Station to Airport (via busstation) than i thought.
    Bus nr 226. Sundays and public holidays it is nearly every hour, always 10 min after full hour.... as in 12:10, 13:10, 14:10 and so on. Check the timetable from buseireann.ie for timetable.
    Considering the trains from Dublin come in just before full hour, these Airport bus times are perfect for you i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Deleted as the poster above said what I was going to say!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I fly out of Cork every second week or so, and I'd honestly advise getting a bus from the Bus Station.

It's only about €4.80 for a single, and you'll get there in about 15 minutes tops.

The cabs are far far more expensive and take basically the same amount of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

CleverCabs in Douglas offer City Centre to Carrigaline for €15.00.

So I'd presume maybe €10.00-€12.00 to the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Great stuff, thanks to everyone who replied!

Advertisement