Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAAW stage protest at TDs homes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No offence but let's keep this on the recent protest or this will turn into yet another "Gaaw hates Salthill" thread :)
    The GAAW airshow protests have been discussed at length in previous threads. In short - inclusion of warplanes in the Salthill Air Show is the declared reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Fine so.

They're a shower of cretins for trying to intimidate two TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Using intimidation and fear to try and get what you want.....sounds like Terrorism to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

PomBear wrote: »
    I think the Gardaí actions were brutish and had no legitimate reason but to act like thugs and scare a few people. There was nothing else to achieve here except the destabilise the politics in the Farrell household because it doesn't suit the Gardaí's work.

What Farrell says about the conduct of the Garda during the search is possibly exaggerated but they have been know for thick herd mentality before. Why didn't he just audio record the raid on his phone then he'd have some evidence instead of only his word.

Anyhow, why was he being searched? What was the basis of the search warrant I wonder?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

I think they are two separate issues to be honest.

Not sure of why they were raiding his house or what happened there as there is no recording, etc.

however honestly, in retribution this guy decides to go to the TD's in the area - fine, no problem. But he doesn't actually do that does he.

he goes to their elderly parents house? WRONG

seemingly he was already told that the person in question would not be at home - but yet he still goes wondering where he is and personally insulting him at his (closed) front door? DID he just go knowing he would not get a reply and therefore act the "big man".

What was wrong with protesting their offices.

I don't buy the excuse of "they did it to my family, I will do it to theirs"

I wonder what would farrell have done if they targeted his parents house??

I don't think this guy is doing himself any favors to get his points across - he's shooting himself in his little foot ( all in my humble opinion).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Jesus, did he actually say that?:O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I think they are two separate issues to be honest.

Not sure of why they were raiding his house or what happened there as there is no recording, etc.

however honestly, in retribution this guy decides to go to the TD's in the area - fine, no problem. But he doesn't actually do that does he.

he goes to their elderly parents house? WRONG

seemingly he was already told that the person in question would not be at home - but yet he still goes wondering where he is and personally insulting him at his (closed) front door? DID he just go knowing he would not get a reply and therefore act the "big man".

What was wrong with protesting their offices.

I wonder what would farrell have done if they targeted his parents house??

I don't think this guy is doing himself any favors to get his points across - he's shooting himself in his little foot ( all in my humble opinion).
    Careful now.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Tym wrote: »
    Jesus, did he actually say that?:O

not in those exact words, but was he not inferring that the families were fair game because his family was raided.

I'm no supporter of the labour (yellow) party or the fianna fail light party, but I think what this guy did was exactly the wrong way of going about things. Acting out of rage or some other emotion instead of thinking properly I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I think the Gardaí actions were brutish and had no legitimate reason but to act like thugs and scare a few people.

What are you basing that on? What Niall Farrell said? Seriously? You actually believe a word of that twats mouth?

He is a lying muppet and bullsh!t artist of the highest order, who twists and manipulates situations and information to suits his own needs and views. He is without a shadow of doubt doing the exact same thing here.
    There was nothing else to achieve here except the destabilise the politics in the Farrell household because it doesn't suit the Gardaí's work.

I doubt they have destabilised anything to do with Farrell or his Shinner off spring.

I always wonder where was Niall or the GAAW when the IRA were slaughtering thousands of people? Did he have a problem with Maireads activities before she met her deserved end if he is such a peace loving anti war individual and not a two faced cretin?

Mod edit: user banned for being uncivil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

What are you basing that on? What Niall Farrell said? Seriously? You actually believe a word of that twats mouth?

He is a lying muppet and bullsh!t artist of the highest order, who twists and manipulates situations and information to suits his own needs and views. He is without a shadow of doubt doing the exact same thing here.

The Gardaí did go into the house and searched it, this happened. In my view they had no apparent reason to do this.

The Gardaí or anyone has yet to deny that was the way it happened, as a mature independent thinking person, i'll take that on its merits.
    I'll suggest you do the same without spouting off on someone's character that you probably don't know.

I doubt they have destabilised anything to do with Farrell or his Shinner off spring.

I always wonder where was Niall or the GAAW when the IRA were slaughtering thousands of people? Did he have a problem with Maireads activities before she met her deserved end if he is such a peace loving anti war individual and not a two faced cretin?

They probably didn't destabilise anything but again from my view, initimidation was one of the only reasons I can see for the raid.

I suppose you could ask GAAW or Mr. Farrell about the IRA.

As for his sister's "deserved end", the European Court of Human Rights would disagree with you there but by the way you're talking, maturity and consideration aren't rated highly in your mind. Probably best to take it to the Politics forum, i'll wait on the edge of my seat for that one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The Gardaí did go into the house and searched it, this happened. In my view they had no apparent reason to do this.

The Gardaí or anyone has yet to deny that was the way it happened, as a mature independent thinking person, i'll take that on its merits.
    I'll suggest you do the same without spouting off on someone's character that you probably don't know.

I wouldn't advise the Gardaí to disclose the reason for the search if it's an ongoing investigation which may involve others.

I also wouldn't advise Mr. Farrell to actually tell everyone why he thinks the Gardaí did the search. The honest reason, not him saying it was without cause. As he'd probably implicate himself.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't advise the Gardaí to disclose the reason for the search if it's an ongoing investigation which may involve others.

I also wouldn't advise Mr. Farrell to actually tell everyone why he thinks the Gardaí did the search. The honest reason, not him saying it was without cause. As he'd probably implicate himself.

Sure but the account and the details of the search Mr. Farrell would certainly not show any particular reasoning as to what they're investigating as far as I can see and i'm sure the Gardaí would love to show Mr. Farrell to be lying were that the case.

I'm just giving my opinion that I believe they'd have no other reason to raid his family home other than political intimidation, I could be proven wrong on that if something unforeseen is found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Sure but the account and the details of the search Mr. Farrell would certainly not show any particular reasoning as to what they're investigating as far as I can see and i'm sure the Gardaí would love to show Mr. Farrell to be lying were that the case.

I'm just giving my opinion that I believe they'd have no other reason to raid his family home other than political intimidation, I could be proven wrong on that if something unforeseen is found.

The only details of the search so far have been provided by the person who was on the receiving end. That's not really the most unbiased of accounts.

Would not a search warrant have been presented to the owner of the house?

And why would they want to 'intimidate' a nobody from a tiny fringe group?

The only details of the search so far have been provided by the person who was on the receiving end. That's not really the most unbiased of accounts.

Would not a search warrant have been presented to the owner of the house?

And why would they want to 'intimidate' a nobody from a tiny fringe group?

Again, I don't take what his report as gospel but I judge it on its merits. The only thing we know for a certain is a raid happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Again, I don't take what his report as gospel but I judge it on its merits. The only thing we know for a certain is a raid happened.

did a raid actually occur though? only thing i've heard is his claim that he was raided and items were taken.

did a raid actually occur though? only thing i've heard is his claim that he was raided and items were taken.

If a raid didn't occur then the Gardaí would obviously be very quick to refute it...

Advertisement