Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner - Training for 10K run in 6 weeks???

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Ok, so I've agreed to run a 10K run in 6 weeks time :eek:
    I had twins in Decemeber so I'm hoping this will help me shape up, and quick!!
    Do you think I'm mad??

I downloaded the app - Couch to 10K to help. The app has a 12 week schedule, I havent got 12 weeks so I skipped 6 weeks and started on week 6! I went out and the app had scheduled for week 6 day 1, 5 minute warm up then 3mins running and 2mins walking, this is repeated 13 times (1hr 10mins). I managed it, Arriving at the house like a tomato and gasping for breath haha.

I've to go out again today and I'm aching all over! Really dont want to go but I'm not going to give up now. Today is 5minute warm up, 3mins running and 2mins walking repeated 10times (55mins)

Do you think I'm out of my debt? Anyone used this app before? Or even trained for a big run like that in a small space of time, I'm very much so a beginner so any ideas/tips would be greatful

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

You'll be fine with 6 weeks prep, just don't expect to do 10k in 45min, expect to walk/jog most of it in about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 poser

Yes I noticed the C210K says the run is aimed to be done in 45mins but that would definatly not be within my reach! Maybe this time next year!! I'll keep going and see how I get on

Advertisement