Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting article on stream monsters

Options
  • 12-06-2012 11:26am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/6/11/the-salty-runback-the-cost-of-doing-business.html

I know I've just started turning off stream chats at this point. They're an irritant to me and nothing more.

Check out the first comment- James Chen:
    I have been close to quitting doing commentary at LEAST a dozen times within the past year or so thanks to (the actual) Stream Monsters. I think the best thing that has happened to me in some weird indirect way was that I recently got an iPad for taking notes while doing commentary. But what it actually ended up doing was allowing me to start watching streams mostly on that device... and in landscape view, there is no stream chat, and it has made my watching of Streams vastly more enjoyable. Enjoying my pasttime by focusing on the positive things helps keep me going. I can do without all the hate, frankly.

It's a bit worrying when trolls (and that's what stream monsters are, just the same as the ones I ignore here too) can have this level of effect on people who spend a lot of time on delivering content I enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

They can’t offer us further success, because they have nothing to offer. Six thousand assholes watching streams with ad blockers. A legion of goblins that only exist to squat over anything they can get their flappy hands on in hopes of amusing the other goblins tripping over themselves to sh1t on the nearest shiny objects.

Yowza

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I just disable the chat on any stream with more than 1000 viewers,The chat on smaller streams is actually quite fun to be in like ipw's kof or cvs2 streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

trolls do my flipping nut in, there plenty of them on tym i have to deal with.
    i normally just turn chats off aswell, i watch streams for the streams not some keyboard warriors opinion

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

trolls do my flipping nut in, there plenty of them on tym i have to deal with.
    i normally just turn chats off aswell, i watch streams for the streams not some keyboard warriors opinion

Pfft noob I've been dealing with them for years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Pfft noob I've been dealing with them for years :D

haha yea,dooms the OG of dealing with fools.

its alot easier with a ban button in my profile now though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I embrace it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Streamchat sucks so hard.

Advertisement