Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair carry-on suitcase

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Much obliged if any one could recommend a case that satisfies Ryaniar's strict requirements of:

55cm x 40cm x 20cm

Lidl are currently doing suitcases but I don't believe any of them satisfy this criteria.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭vandriver

We got ours in Penneys last year

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,260 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

I recommend Tripp luggage that you find in Debenhams.

http://www.tripp.co.uk/products/1365-tripp-black-superlite-ii-carry-on-suitcase

Very light and perfect size for Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭taato

Personally I like the flylite bag - they've introduced a better medium one since I got mine.:rolleyes:
    http://flylite.uk.com/Lightweight-Luggage-Solutions.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭memaul

ongarite wrote: »

+1

have had this bag on three trips so far and find it brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Got a Dunlop one in Heatons. €19

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sweenball

Don't get a case. I use a sportsbag(that's well over the required dimensions) and have never had any problems.

A sportsbag will squash into the frame things they have at the gates..a suitcase wont.

Have been using it for years & never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sweenball

Something like this..nike%25252Bduffle.jpg&w=480&h=480&ei=RGHYT_66D8nNhAfFhPjNAw&zoom=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Sub Zero

Available on Amazon, and often on offer in Argos

Recently travleed with one - fits perfectly the ryan air trolley thing

My mate had the Cabin Max Backpack mentioned above
    He loved the idea but it was quite uncomfortable to carry

There are a few sizes, i can confirm my onw if ya need

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9019119/Trail/searchtext%3ESUB+ZERO.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

I travel alot with carry on bag and it tends to be well filled at least on one leg of a journey. What has let me down on last two bags is the trolley pull along handle that will not collapse when needed such as when about to board plane.

Also I am always conscious of the weight of the empty bag. It is a tricky business for a small person like me :) to hoist it up to luggage rack and find space for it on usual crowded Ryanair flights. Ryanair are known for checking the weight at some airports even though it is fairly generous. I bought a new bag recently in UK for 29£ by "5Cities". It is only 1.8 kg empty. It has a hard back but soft around side/top. There is also a handy outer pocket with padding suitable for laptop that had to be hauled out at security. The pull out handle consists of only one 'leg' so hope will be less likely to fail.

What weight is the Aldi bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

ongarite wrote: »

+1 - the best hands down... even when packed to capacity - it is still the right size. (have 2 of them and always use them on aer lingus and ryanair - never had a problem)

They are super light too.

Yes that one looks good and a decent price. Only snag for me is no wheels. Airports these days can mean lengthy walks and I have to travel onwards with coach/train etc so trolley is a must tho I know it contributes to weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Yes that one looks good and a decent price. Only snag for me is no wheels. Airports these days can mean lengthy walks and I have to travel onwards with coach/train etc so trolley is a must tho I know it contributes to weight.

You're talking about adding roughly 1 to 1.5KG for a hard base and wheels!
    And when you have only a 10KG allowance it doesn't make sense to me personally... a lot of wheel base models have a hard time fitting into that fecking ryanair bag checking frame too from what i have seen on recent flights.

I have used wheel bags and rucksacks on lots of flights/train journeys in the past - the cabin max one wins hands down for me... our two have been kicked dropped dragged and still no tears or splits on the base or shoulder straps.

10kg on your back is not that much in fairness... and if you are that worried about carrying it, every airport has trolleys :)

Just my two cents.

No trollies on the long walks I am thinking off such as Dublin, both T1 an T2, and Bristol. Trollies are provided at point large suitcases are collected/checked in. Yes I know they contribute to weight hence I am happy my latest bag weighing 1.8 kg. My regular journey also involves uphill walks. Sorry I am beyond rucksack -I am too decrepid. Also I tend to 'wear' my special Ryanair coat well endowed with pockets for extra stowage and handy for items needed on journey.

I have just noticed Aer lingus have a different policy for their Aer Aran regional flights of a smaller bag and lower weight allowance of 7 kg. That explains tiny crate I saw at Bristol.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

anywhere to buy 1 in Ireland?..only amazon?

Advertisement