Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Allsop Auction

Options
  • 12-06-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

What do people make of the Allsop auction catelogue?

The penthouse in Dublin 2 - likely to go for twice the price! Or the pub in Rathmines? Likely to generate a lot of interest....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

I've never seen anyone do anything good with that pub over the years.
    It is a decent size and layout but it just hasn't got its own niche in which it can compete against the line of pubs/club in Rathmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

red_owl99 wrote: »
    the pub in Rathmines
    Buy the pub, sell the building, keep the license for a pub in a better location?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

the_syco wrote: »
    Buy the pub, sell the building, keep the license for a pub in a better location?

While thousands of licenses lie unused from all the closed premises :confused:
    Did you get hacked or something ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

I am amazed at all the errors in the catalogue - leaseholds described as freehold, apartments described as houses!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

The castle in Athy is a little bit tempting :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Was thinking that myself and a mate this evening suggested that if you could buy it for €50k you could easily flip it for €100k on the American market, many of them are obsessed with the idea of owning a castle. But it sold for €1.2m in 2005 so my guess is there will be significant interest from here and abroad and it will go for a fair bit more than €50k.

It would probably take about €200k+ to bring it to habitable standard in any case and even then you wouldn't have much in the way of natural light with those tiny narrow windows on it. Also it is a protected strcuture so most likely An Tasice would be supervising any renovation which means costs could easily spiral out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Its also in Athy. you would have to pay me €50k to live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This house on Saville Place, guiding at €35k, was sold at the last auction for €95k. Buyer obviously got cold feet.

http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/LotDetails.asp?A=800&MP=24&ID=800000063&S=C&O=A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Anyone know what time this begins at tomorrow?

I'd like to check it out in case I attend one of these in the future. I would like to see how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know what time this begins at tomorrow?

I'd like to check it out in case I attend one of these in the future. I would like to see how it works.

11am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭tim9002

Looks like a lot of the properties didn't sell - http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/onlinecatalogue.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭lifer_sean

I was tempted by the holiday house on the lake in Mountshannon Co. Clare, until I looked at the legal pack. It's leased to a management company until 2025, with a rent structure dependent on the level of occupancy in the holiday village. As a result it hasn't paid any rent since the initial guaranteed rent period ran out.

To me it looks like the buyer doesn't have the use of the house, and is unlikely to have any rental income, until 2025. It was reserved at 40,000, sold at 62,500.

Can anyone explain to me how this purchase would make sense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Bet you will see this back for sale at next auction. Some prices paid seem little over what i would expect

• Registered Users Posts: 18 red_owl99

I was tempted by three properties- three bed apartment in Dublin 2 (246k), the two bed in Chapilizod near Phoenix Park (120k) and the three bed house in Killiney 222k) . (I live abroad so have not actually seen any of the proprties) ... I thought the three bed apartment looks like good value- a decent size and it included city centre parking.. As for the house in Killiney, if it was in a decent neighbourhood it seems reasonable...

If I was buying now I think these auctions are the way to go... The properties appear to be going for a lot lower prices than similar advertised properties in same areas.... I'll be back in October for the next one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

If I was buying now I think these auctions are the way to go... The properties appear to be going for a lot lower prices than similar advertised properties in same areas.... I'll be back in October for the next one!
    Don't make the mistake of thinking advertised/asking prices are selling prices. They are often miles apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 red_owl99

Don't make the mistake of thinking advertised/asking prices are selling prices. They are often miles apart.

I'll agree with that... Until the property register comes out, the auctions are the only transparent view on house prices available.... There are houses for sale in the same Killiney estate as the Allsop one that sold for c100k more..

Living abroad, it's very hard to gauge what a house is actually worth... Having a budget of 100%, as a rule of thumb should I be looking at houses with an advertised priced of 133% and haggle downwards?

As an example, what in your opinion would the following houses sell for? (aware each property will be different)

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/140-a-mulvey-park-dundrum-dublin-14/1977108

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/34-hazel-avenue-kilmacud-dublin-14-dublin/293578

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'll agree with that... Until the property register comes out, the auctions are the only transparent view on house prices available.... There are houses for sale in the same Killiney estate as the Allsop one that sold for c100k more..

Living abroad, it's very hard to gauge what a house is actually worth... Having a budget of 100%, as a rule of thumb should I be looking at houses with an advertised priced of 133% and haggle downwards?

As an example, what in your opinion would the following houses sell for? (aware each property will be different)

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/140-a-mulvey-park-dundrum-dublin-14/1977108

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/34-hazel-avenue-kilmacud-dublin-14-dublin/293578

Completely agree! Whoever bought that house in killiney was robbed! I have read on another forum about anti-social problems in that estate. I remember at the previous auction there was a townhouse in Blackrock (in a big estate) that sold for over €300,000. In another action (not allsop) there was a lovely 2 bed news in monkstown for €275,000 which didn't meet the reserve but is now sale agreed. Again monkstown is a big place someone who doesn't know the area may compare it to a larger 3 bed on abbey road and think
    It was a rip off! But really you are paying for the location of it

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Not many bargains at the Alsop's auction ,when you find out what they went for .Better buying regular posted property on Myhome or Daft IMO .PEOPLE SEEM TO GET CARRIED AWAY WITH THEMSELVES BIDDING AT AUCTIONS .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,797 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Usual load of junk.....just more of it than usual...very little in decent areas in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

All here.
    Listing doesn't seem to be working so click previous and next to navigate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just had a look at the stock there- there is really nothing of significance. One point is that I can't see anything from Castleforbes Square, D1 listed which I think is the first time that Allsops haven't had units from this development for sale.

I think it was Bank of Scotlands loan book Allsops are selling off, the bad quality units that are for auction here give a good indication of how late in the day that Bank of Scotland entered the Irish market- it seems to me that they were lending for people to buy any old crap.

If these liquidations of buy to lets happen this year we should be seeing a lot more auctions than just Allsops and Lisney in the not too distant future

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

`there is a house on my road for 50k, could be good for us with the property tax rates :D

Advertisement