Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike Thefts in Dublin 18

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

gipi wrote: »
    Stolen Beemer was recovered - joyridden and damaged.

Yup in finglas, thats the place wherei think most of the stolen bikes ends up. Scumbags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Didn't think an RT would be a target for thieves.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

Was in Finglas yesterday afternoon, seen two muppets on a bike, not their own bike and not the BMW that was stolen, the Dunlops would have struggled to keep up with them, needless to say neither had a helmet on:eek:, both were in shorts:eek:, one had no top on and the other genius, well at least he had the good sense to have a t shirt on :eek:

I was praying that they would come off, they didn't, I was gutted :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

i8mancs wrote: »
    Was in Finglas yesterday afternoon, seen two muppets on a bike, not their own bike and not the BMW that was stolen, the Dunlops would have struggled to keep up with them, needless to say neither had a helmet on:eek:, both were in shorts:eek:, one had no top on and the other genius, well at least he had the good sense to have a t shirt on :eek:

I was praying that they would come off, they didn't, I was gutted :(

To be honest as much as I hate these thieving morons nothing is accomplished by them falling off and f*cking themselves up. Besides think of the poor bike :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

there was a story when a 125cc bike was stolen i think it was aprilia. the story is somewhere on biker.ie - anyway the guy was looking for his stolen bike and he even found it in talaght area - called the gards and they didnt show up - they were afraid to walk in and recover the bike for him. So at the end of the day he lost his bike. thats how the circle works.

I wonder how they can bypass locker - alarm - start it with no key and even move it. i though its not that easy to do so, specialy on BMW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Bikerguy wrote: »
    there was a story when a 125cc bike was stolen i think it was aprilia. the story is somewhere on biker.ie - anyway the guy was looking for his stolen bike and he even found it in talaght area - called the gards and they didnt show up - they were afraid to walk in and recover the bike for him. So at the end of the day he lost his bike. thats how the circle works.

I wonder how they can bypass locker - alarm - start it with no key and even move it. i though its not that easy to do so, specialy on BMW.

Wow, can't believe they didn't even show. Unreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Faith+1 wrote: »
    To be honest as much as I hate these thieving morons nothing is accomplished by them falling off and f*cking themselves up. Besides think of the poor bike :(

It would accomplish plenty, hopefully they'll be injured enough not to be able to take a bike again.
    No sympathy for what happens to these, especially when fully comp can be so expensive and a fair few people have 3rd party only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Paparazzo wrote: »
    It would accomplish plenty, hopefully they'll be injured enough not to be able to take a bike again.
    No sympathy for what happens to these, especially when fully comp can be so expensive and a fair few people have 3rd party only

Problem is that they'll simply drive up the accident figures for bikes. These same figures will then be used against us as they have been in the recent penalty points review.

As a result, we get singled out for yet more restrictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Faith+1 wrote: »

You having a laugh!!!

Hope the **** they hit a pole and cant use the very limbs they used to rob some hard working fella bike. Sorry but that is just the way I feel.....

Hope it never happens to you but I bet you feel slightly more AGRESSIVE if your bike gets nicked :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

carsQhere wrote: »
    Problem is that they'll simply drive up the accident figures for bikes. These same figures will then be used against us as they have been in the recent penalty points review.

As a result, we get singled out for yet more restrictions.

Surely they can't use theft/joyriding as part of the official RSA figures, they were never meant to be on a bike in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Surely they can't use theft/joyriding as part of the official RSA figures, they were never meant to be on a bike in the first place.

A statistic is a statistic as far as the RSA are concerned. Doesn't matter if you're a bike thief doing a runner. It's still a motorcycle casualty.

SMC Sweeden (the Sweedish equivalent of MAG) found that one quarter of accidents were as a result of extreme behaviour - stolen bikes and the like.

English translation here.

Advertisement