Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**History 2012...Before/After**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

Dapics wrote: »
    I'm thinking of becoming a bin man.

I can't get away from thrash.... where ever I go I see thrash.....

Wait..... Perhaps I should tidy my bedroom....

Taxi driver quote?

Won't help in history mate.
    I'm not even doing the subject, I'm just pooping in for the craic.
    I do love history though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

HowAreWe wrote: »
    same....I had to evacuate my bedroom to study for the ol' LC...I have taken over the house.Books.....Everywhere....

I dunno whether to burn my books after the exams or wipe my arse with them....

Or keep them in case I need to repeat.

Or keep them in case I need to repeat.

Ah Yes... Yet another Possibility to consider!

Ah Yes... Yet another Possibility to consider!

OR if they are part of a school book scheme return them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Or sell them? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

piss on them.

Dip them in gold and worship them as if they were some cow god?

Or sell them? :)

OR

How about I wipe my arse with them, return them to the school where they will reject them, then attempt to burn them and finally sell them.

That seems to cover all possibilities

OR

How about I wipe my arse with them, return them to the school where they will reject them, then attempt to burn them and finally sell them.

That seems to cover all possibilities
    You forgot the worshiping and keeping part.

• Advertisement

You forgot the worshiping and keeping part.

I aint that Religious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

I really love history but this exam shouldn't be so stressful ! Kinda regretting picking the subject :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Alright lads im off to bed...first Im having a bubble bath cause I'm badass....need to be in tip top form for my two exams tomorrow...here's to two A1s!!!!

Propaganda will come up
    Rise of SF will come up
    Parnell will come up
    Race Relations will come up.

be graaaand. G'night all and best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭CFC4lyfe

Treaty
    Garrett, Mr Lynch, Mr Haughey, Mr O hEithir, RTE, First Programme for Economic Expansion
    Fascism

Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Rise of Fascism, Rise of SF, economy of FF and CnG, economy interwar years in Britain and Germany, Nazi Foreign Policy, Initial success ultimate failure of Germans, welfare state PLEASE BABY

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DubsFan94

Rise of Fascism, Rise of SF, economy of FF and CnG, economy interwar years in Britain and Germany, Nazi Foreign Policy, Initial success ultimate failure of Germans, welfare state PLEASE BABY

Awwww if we're that lucky <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Enda93

I reckon there will be an element of predictability in History purely from the point that it's impossible to comprehensively study 4 different topics and be able to write an essay on 4 random aspects of each topic. The people making out the paper know that there are major flaws in the L.C History course too so I'm hoping the paper won't be anything too unpredictable. Plus, they do bring up topics on relevent historical occasions eg. the eucharistic congress. Not saying I know any of this for sure, but I really don't think History will be like the other exams so far in terms of predictability, maybe they'll do something with the document but that'll be the extent of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Problem.

My Brother is sitting tomorrow and considering dropping to ordinary level,his project is higher level and above the ordinary level word count,anybody have any idea what happens here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dpunisherb

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Problem.

My Brother is sitting tomorrow and considering dropping to ordinary level,his project is higher level and above the ordinary level word count,anybody have any idea what happens here?

its a bad idea to drop at the last moment as ordinary level focuses more on the key personalities on each topics. If he knows all them then he's grand.

I'm not too sure about the research project but I guess he'll be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Cill94

I'm not going to make any predictions, certainly not after the curve ball in english paper one. The essays I have planned and ready to go:

Sov & Par

Rise Of SF
    Economy
    Anglo-Irish Relations
    The Treaty
    Ireland during WW2
    Eucharistic Congress (bit sketchy)

Northern Ireland

Sunningdale
    Coleraine Controversy
    Welfare State
    Apprentice Boys
    The Troubles (kinda)

Dictatorship & Democ

Propaganda (oh please, oh please, oh please)
    Stalin
    Mussolini's internal+external policies and propaganda
    Weimar Germany
    Technology of Warfare WW2

I think I've left myself a bit short in the dictatorship section but, having looked through the exam papers, there hasn't been a year where at least one essay on what I have covered there hasn't come up. Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grealish123

Hi, im actually freaking out here, all I wrote on the front of my RSR was my exam number, do we put our RSR's in with our actual exams tomorrw, will it not count if I dont have my level/wordcount on it?

You should have handed it in already or am I misreading?

IF you've done a project in higher level and drop down for the test generally the project is marked as a higher level entry and the test as a lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grealish123

No, I handed it in but it didnt have my level on it. Im doing higher. But somebody said that your RSR is sent of with your exam paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭Cill94

No, I handed it in but it didnt have my level on it. Im doing higher. But somebody said that your RSR is sent of with your exam paper?

It's not. The RSR should have already been sent off to the exams commission like a month in advance by your school. At least that's how it works in my school.

First time I've been unable to sleep properly due to an exam. Aghhhh so terrified

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

My teacher didn't do France with us so if that comes up I wouldn't be able to do anything on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Was my class the only one in the country that didn't do Hitler and all that? I would have loved to do that and instead I'm stuck learning Katanga, Race Relations in France and British Withdrawal from India, which just won't go in.

Also, bit late to be asking I know, but is it two Irish questions and one Wider World question or is it just random?

• Advertisement

FUCCCCKKK MY LIFFFEEEE

^^ and yes it's 2 Irish 1 Wider World

Advertisement