Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**History 2012...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Please SEC...:

Rise of Sinn Fein/ Michael Collins

Sunnigdale Agreement/Civil Rights Movement

Montgomery Bus Boycott/Civil Rights Movement.

If these come up.... I would forever love the SEC, I would never again give out about exams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

This exam will haunt me forever GOOD LUCK ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

FUCCCCKKK MY LIFFFEEEE

^^ and yes it's 2 Irish 1 Wider World

Thanks.

God I'm so ****ed for this. I literally know nothing :confused:

Lago wrote: »
    Thanks.

God I'm so ****ed for this. I literally know nothing :confused:

I've only learned off 5 A1 essays an have a general idea of apprentice boys, Reaction to Treaty (very easy to wing, if it comes up hopefully will get 80-85) and Civil Rights Movement in Northern Ireland.

I'm looking for an A in History. I didnt do any study for my mocks and got 82 %.... Just winged the exam.

Hopefully this goes well.... hopefully.
    Dont worry, there's others in the same boat as you. (me)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

Dapics wrote: »
    I've only learned off 5 A1 essays an have a general idea of apprentice boys, Reaction to Treaty (very easy to wing, if it comes up hopefully will get 80-85) and Civil Rights Movement in Northern Ireland.

I'm looking for an A in History. I didnt do any study for my mocks and got 82 %.... Just winged the exam.

Hopefully this goes well.... hopefully.
    Dont worry, there's others in the same boat as you. (me)

Mate, you're in a much larger boat than I am, clearly. Like I literally know nothing that will come up on this test. I got 43% in my mocks from no study. I'd be happy with 35% on this paper in the hope that my Research Report will bring me up by 5%.

I don't even know a thing about the Apprentice Boys!

I'm actually good at History, I got a B in the JC with no study at all, not even the night before and would have got more if I was better at writing. But the stuff we do on the LC course, I just have no interest in at all. Except WW2 and Ireland in the late 19th century but of course, we didn't do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 JailB8 xoxo

know a short essay for india on why there was violence. know an essay on hitlers foreign policy and could get a few marks on a gaa q. other than that im ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

What came up for HL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

That was literally the worst exam in the world **** my absolute life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Omg I was sh**ing myself about that ! IT WAS GREAT :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'm absolutely delighted with it :) could've done two Q's from each topic :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 felixfelicis

Woo! So much better than I anticipated! Nice paper! INDIA :) Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Grealish123

Was happy with that, India, Eucharistic Congress and political resolutions to the troubles. However didnt really like America, was expecting Montgomery to come up on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

And the nicest paper of the year award goes to... History! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 extremebogman

History doesn't repeat itself........

Oh wait. It does. Most predictable exam so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I think its safe to say Rise of Sinn Fein will never ever come up !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 teacake

What a glorious paper, even the document questions were great, eucharistic, foregin policy , delighted is not the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭WestIRL

Learned the course, not the essays. Really really happy with how that went.

Use of force between 1912-1921: CLASS
    NIRL Coleraine and Apprentice boys: 2 CASE STUDIES IN ONE
    Dict and Dem: STALIN!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Viken

A perfect exam if you were well prepared for it. I didn't work overly hard at my history, and I also struggled a bit with my timing, so I'd be happy with a good B.

So ridiculously predictable though if you'd put your stock by a Russian question, India, the Eucharistic Congress, factors leading to partition/the Third Home Rule Bill, and of course the case studies of the Northern Ireland topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Adolescenteen

Delighted with that Paper. India, GAA/Gaelic League/Anglo-Irish Literary revival was perfect and how did the Northern Ireland question in pursuit of sovereignty was grand. Thank god put so much work into History all year, luckily it paid off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

WestIRL wrote: »
    Learned the course, not the essays. Really really happy with how that went.

Use of force between 1912-1921: CLASS
    NIRL Coleraine and Apprentice boys: 2 CASE STUDIES IN ONE
    Dict and Dem: STALIN!!!!

Haha! :P Oh god, that Stalin essay was a total gift. I mixed my Show Trials and Economy essay together, hoping for a really good mark on that one. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pio94

FRANCE :D

because everybody done the congress essay......will it be the hardest to do well in??

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Easy paper. Wish my timing was a bit better, as I didn't get to finish it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

Amazing paper. The India document was the easiest I have ever seen. I did mess up one of the 10 mark questions though as I didn't read it properly and didn't have time to go back and fix it.

I did the Suffrage Movement/Isabella Tod, Anglo-Irish Relations and Nazi Foreign Policy. I'm sure some of my dates were wrong and in some cases I had no dates at all but I'm just pleased that I managed to get 4 pages on each.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MrQuack

Lads I need help? In the exam rushing for time I numbered my question wrong and didn't write the title just the topic and number of question.

i.e Ireland Topic 2
    q.1

Do you think they will realise that I have wrote a different essay :confused:

I did 1912-1921.
    Beautiful Question,so easy. No one else did it so I should get 95/100 in it thought my english and use of expression wasnt that great as i had to improvise a lot of my answer to it.

Montgomery - Piece of cake. I did a very unique view of it so hopefully 90-95/100

I did Sunningdale Agreement in the N.I Question about developments 1969-1993. Hopefully It will get 90/100 as I manipulated the question and basically said how i felt it was the one which summised best the various cultural, political and socail problems which got N.I into the troubles... then just wrote out learned off essay though I forgot good chunks of it.

I got 60/60 in India short question... I know that for a fact.

HOWEVER

I didnt get my 40er done :( now wont get my A :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

What an epic paper!!
    India,
    Coleraine and Apprentice boys,
    Hitlers foreign policy,
    Eucharistic Congress.

Beautiful.

Haha! :P Oh god, that Stalin essay was a total gift. I mixed my Show Trials and Economy essay together, hoping for a really good mark on that one. :D

Yeah I loved doing it, except I messed up on my structure slightly as my intro is essentially my 1st paragraph which will dock my marks a good bit. Hope it doesn't bring me down too much as I thought it was my best :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Nice little paper overall
    Very happy with it :)

India was very straight forward.

I messed up one or two dates here and there in my rush to finish the exam,
    and I thought the questions were a bit narrow in comparison to other years.

But overall im very happy with it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

God I was so happy with that!! I thought I was screwed for history, but such brilliant questions!! India, Eucharistic Congress, Apprentice Boys AND Coleraine! U.S. was alright, I did the Johnson question.. wish I looked at foreign policy better, looked like a beautiful question :(

• Advertisement

Oh and btw can everyone please stop starting off their list of questions by saying "India etc"

EVEEEERYONE DID INDIA FUNNLY ENOUGH

Advertisement