Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband early cease charge

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

If one of the eircom reps would care to check this out for me, I would be grateful.......

I will outline the circumstances for you.

I have moved my account to a competitor, this is for calls and broadband.

However, when we were with eircom, the Broadband component was my son's, who was employed by eircom, and had an "eircom Ambassador" free broadband facility.

He lived here, so it was on our land line.

He has moved on from eircom, and indeed from here, to a new job and new city!!

So, obviously, I made alternative arrangements so we could retain Phone and Broadband at an affordable price for us, as two retired persons, not OAP's so no free rental, etc.

Now, we have been hit in a Bill from eircom for

Broadband early cease charge of €235.45!!!

and a charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service of €20.96!!!

plus VAT of €55!!!

this comes to almost €300, which I cannot and will not pay.

I can only say that we got no letters regarding our son's Ambassador status, although he may have got one.

We forward all his mail to his new address.

The eircom Bill makes reference to eircom Home Starter, which I never signed up for.

I have not seen or signed any contract for Broadband services with eircom.

I received no correspondence whatsoever from eircom, and I do not believe I am liable for payment of a Service I never signed up for.

If an eircom rep replies here, I will supply all necessary information, as I do not believe eircom can stand over this Bill to me.

BTW, my Direct Debit to eircom has now been ceased, as I will not pay this, and I am willing to take it to Comreg, and the Courts, if necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

If one of the eircom reps would care to check this out for me, I would be grateful.......

I will outline the circumstances for you.

I have moved my account to a competitor, this is for calls and broadband.

However, when we were with eircom, the Broadband component was my son's, who was employed by eircom, and had an "eircom Ambassador" free broadband facility.

He lived here, so it was on our land line.

He has moved on from eircom, and indeed from here, to a new job and new city!!

So, obviously, I made alternative arrangements so we could retain Phone and Broadband at an affordable price for us, as two retired persons, not OAP's so no free rental, etc.

Now, we have been hit in a Bill from eircom for

Broadband early cease charge of €235.45!!!

and a charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service of €20.96!!!

plus VAT of €55!!!

this comes to almost €300, which I cannot and will not pay.

I can only say that we got no letters regarding our son's Ambassador status, although he may have got one.

We forward all his mail to his new address.

The eircom Bill makes reference to eircom Home Starter, which I never signed up for.

I have not seen or signed any contract for Broadband services with eircom.

I received no correspondence whatsoever from eircom, and I do not believe I am liable for payment of a Service I never signed up for.

If an eircom rep replies here, I will supply all necessary information, as I do not believe eircom can stand over this Bill to me.

BTW, my Direct Debit to eircom has now been ceased, as I will not pay this, and I am willing to take it to Comreg, and the Courts, if necessary.

Hi irishpancake,

Can you private message me with your sons account number and I will look into the final bill issued by eircom.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Just to let you know, this issue has been resolved in my favour in the past month.

Thanks to Mark, etc. for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Just to let you know, this issue has been resolved in my favour in the past month.

Thanks to Mark, etc. for your help.

Hi irishpancake,

I see Mark had escalated this case for you. Glad it's now sorted and thanks for letting us know but if there's anything else we can help you with you know where we are. I'll pass your comments on to Mark.

Thanks

James

Advertisement