Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Enquiry

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey im a current student at Ait and i received my end of year results and unfortunately didnt do well enough and under academic standing it said "fail" what are my options now? i mean can i go about repeating the year? or could i transfer into another course? one other thing, if i did repeat the year, i wouldnt receive a student grant would i? :/ anyone with any info at all please help :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Can you not repeat the exams in August? And yes if you do decide to repeat the year or transfer to another course you will lose your grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Repeat in August :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

You can repeat in August, but only if your exams are within 10% of a pass. I've never heard of this rule before, so it may be a flexible rule.

If you fail a max of two exams in your repeats, you may be allowed to carry them over and resit them the following year, alongside your normally scheduled exams.

If you fail an exam four times in a row, then you have no choice but to repeat the entire year, attending just those modules.

You can read all the details here: http://www.ait.ie/media/athloneit/formsanddocuments/quality/Standards,-Assessments-&-Awards-4.3.11.pdf
    Everything about repeats is outlined in section M4.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Popple3 wrote: »
    You can repeat in August, but only if your exams are within 10% of a pass.

Nah. I sat repeats with 26% going into them.

If you failed the exam, then that's all you have to worry about (study well, get help if necessary, do your best). Depending on the course and module, you may be able to attend tutorial classes. These are advertised on the student email service.
    If you only failed assessments/projects, you may only need to repeat those BUT still have to pay the repeat fee (€70 regardless of how many) and send in the application form.

NOTE: If you sit repeats in August, your grant application will be delayed until you get your results in September (submit all the relevant information and documentation or whatever before the deadline anyway, they'll post a letter to you saying that payment of fees and the grant are pending repeat results, take this letter with you when registering so they know you're not just avoiding paying fees). Don't worry, it will all be back-dated!

Advertisement