Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA League Season 14 - Main Thread/General Banter

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thread for Season 14 - Keep the moaning and whinging to a minimum - preferably non existant.

All talk/banter goes here regarding the league, organising games etc.

PLEASE INSURE YOU HAVE THANKED THE RULES STICKY

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

League details have been sent out by pm - fixtures in the sticky at the top of the forum for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Having finished in the bottom 3 in every league Ive played online here and missing my pick to end up with Poland, I foresee a very very very very very very very very very very very difficult few weeks ahead..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

rondeco wrote: »
    Having finished in the bottom 3 in every league Ive played online here and missing my pick to end up with Poland, I foresee a very very very very very very very very very very very difficult few weeks ahead..

I got the Dutch. Never play with international teams in FIFA and, having tried them for a few matches, I'm not all that happy.

They lack pace which is something I require generally, plus van Persie is their only decent striker. I had thought Huntelaar would be decent but he's woeful.

I've the wonderful lightning quick players of Portugal and Spain to play this week. One bit of advice lads: watch out for the twin towers - De Jong and van Bommel! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I finished midtable last year in the First Division and now in the Premier with Les BLue better than Dortmund last season at least can't wait to get the season under way pity its the last though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Anyone onto play Germany in championship ? I'll be on in 15 mins for about an hour .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Anyone around to play Russia before they play IRL tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Hi

I'm just wondering if someone can help me - does the date for the fixtures mean when they have to be completed by, or is that the start of the fixture week?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

doyler442 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm just wondering if someone can help me - does the date for the fixtures mean when they have to be completed by, or is that the start of the fixture week?

Cheers
    From the rules
    4) Holidays:
    If a player is going away on holidays and unable to play their fixtures for a short period then they must contact the co-ordinators in advance and let them know. They will post on the fixtures thread a note to allow that player to play the games for the weeks he is away in advance. Only those fixtures can be played in advance and any others will be void if played.

5) Unplayed fixtures:
    Due to the amount of unplayed fixtures in previous seasons there is a rule to make sure people make an effort to play their games. Each week we will be monitoring people's progress, and if we find people aren't making the effort to play their games they will be kicked from the league and all games played/unplayed will be awarded as a 3-0 walkover to their opponents and they will be blacklisted from joining the leagues again.

Every player is responsible for their own fixtures and getting them played. Best practice is to contact them with an Xbox Live message and/or a PM on boards.ie
    If you find a player is not responding to your messages about organising fixtures then contact the co-ordinators.

Good luck!

Also will be on all day tomorow France in the premier !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

France in the championship here lads, just to let ye know that I'm away on holidays so I won't be able to play any games until the 29th. Ill catch up on any missed fixtures when I return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

That leaves me with Belgium and Spain to play this week, Im on most evenings after 10, give us a shout if ye need to play before then.

Got my season up and running with a 1-0 win and a 2-1 loss. Mixed bag really!
    Cheers to mariosan and doyler442!
    Thanks Mr. Moon and Axwell for putting this together!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mariosan

erkifino wrote: »
    Got my season up and running with a 1-0 win and a 2-1 loss. Mixed bag really!
    Cheers to mariosan and doyler442!
    Thanks Mr. Moon and Axwell for putting this together!

Despite the result, i was very lucky. Erkifino is a very good player and was a real pleasure to play with him. more luck next games mate!

And, of course, thanks Mr. Moon and Axwell

First two games last night in the Premier League against Portugal and Spain. Lost 1-0 to Portugal and beat Spain.

Two draws would have been fair so I'll take the three points.

Are Russia in the PL (jamesmcd, primitoid) around this week?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Was really enjoying playing with Portugal in the build up to this, they were fast skilfull and full of goals.

Last night they were so damn slow, couldn't get to grips with them at all.

Hope I can figure out a way to enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Was really enjoying playing with Portugal in the build up to this, they were fast skilfull and full of goals.

Last night they were so damn slow, couldn't get to grips with them at all.

Hope I can figure out a way to enjoy them.

I have never used Russia in FIFA 12, ever. But Axwell picked it for me while I was away on holiday so will get a chance to play with them now :p

Played a game last night for the first time in over 3 weeks and was destroyed 10 - 3. Seriously need to play some practice matches before I take on anybody in the league :pac:

jamescd wrote: »
    I have never used Russia in FIFA 12, ever. But Axwell picked it for me while I was away on holiday so will get a chance to play with them now :p

Played a game last night for the first time in over 3 weeks and was destroyed 10 - 3. Seriously need to play some practice matches before I take on anybody in the league :pac:

I have to play you for gameweek 1 so let me know when you're around. I doubt I'll be around tonight or tomorrow night. Might be around at some stage during the day tomorrow.

I'm happy enough with the Dutch. The lack of pace in midfield is a problem, as is the lack of a target man for corners and hoofing the ball up field, but I played a good few practice games and I think I've found a formation that I'm happy with. They've also a few decent sub players who can come on if I want to throw caution to the wind and make a difference.

Still getting used to France myself tough team to get a grip on hence my 6-1 defeat in the 1st game, Im on for the night now if anyone is up for a game still need to play last weeks games bar belgium, so england and swedan i think and all this weeks games message me on live

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Goin on now if any of my fixtures are around

Germany in championship around all day till the football is on later .

• Advertisement

France in prem on nw 4 a game

On now if anyone is around for league game against England in the Premiership..

Also I notice some of you have still to join the league on Fifa - I would suggest doing so very soon to avoid getting kicked from the league altogether.

Come on lads!

Okay will be on for the next 2 hours if anyone is about in the Prem due to play Swedan , England, Holland Germany and Spain get the lead out lads !!lol

Germany in championship will be on before the England game later on .if anyone who Is due to play me is on message me .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

ill be on tonight to play some matches spain in the championship

Okay will be on for the next 2 hours if anyone is about in the Prem due to play Swedan , England, Holland Germany and Spain get the lead out lads !!lol

Most people in the premiership only get on in the evenings so best to try catch them then

Axwell wrote: »
    On now if anyone is around for league game against England in the Premiership..

Also I notice some of you have still to join the league on Fifa - I would suggest doing so very soon to avoid getting kicked from the league altogether.

GG last night. I got partial revenge for you giving me by far my biggest hiding of the season last season. Think it was 5-1 you beat me.

Lemlin wrote: »
    GG last night. I got partial revenge for you giving me by far my biggest hiding of the season last season. Think it was 5-1 you beat me.

Good game alright, thought you were a bit lucky with the goals to be honest but nothing was going in for me at the other end. Next time gadget, next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Russia in prem will be on tonight

Advertisement