Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total Newb

• 12-06-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Alright folks, only recently learned about flight sim, and only more recently discovered how in depth and big the community is.
    Really found it fascinating, so I wanted to take the plunge and try it out for myself, i'm using an iMac so I think I can only use X-plane, I'd really appreciate some tips on what hardware to get for a beginner and whats the best place to get software…i.e scenery, aircraft etc…

Thanks in advance…Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Hi,
    I have windows 7 so I use FSX(Flight Simulator X) but I get some add-ons for free from Simviation, they have a lot of free add ons!
    Not to sure if they do X-PLANE but I say you could get FSX for mac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Harm Van Risk

Hi,
    I also use windows 7 and FSX. I was just wondering what Simviation was, I only got the game last week just trying to find my feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭David086

Brian, anything X-Plane related go to http://x-plane.org/

Aircraft, Scenery, Add ons you name it! Most of it is free but there's some payware options there too which a better quality than the free stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

Hi,
    I also use windows 7 and FSX. I was just wondering what Simviation was, I only got the game last week just trying to find my feet.

Simviation is a website where you can get free add on aircraft.It is probably the best website for free add ons as they have 100s of aircraft :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Only getting into flight sims myself. Just wondering is it possible to get missions that fly from Dublin to wherever? I know this option is available in free flight mode, but just wondering can it be done in mission mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Only getting into flight sims myself. Just wondering is it possible to get missions that fly from Dublin to wherever? I know this option is available in free flight mode, but just wondering can it be done in mission mode?

Try these payware packages if you are running FSX. Or you could create your own flight plan and either fly using the default ATC or online using VATEIR.

Advertisement