Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping in venues

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm heading to the O2 tonight and it dawned on me to create this thread.

Which venues are cool with vaping indoors across ireland? Maybe people could share their experiences with different places across the island and have them easily accessible here!

I'll let you know how I get on with my Lavatube and Sub tank!:pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It's a good idea, but might get a bit unwieldy, going county by county, town by town?

Was in Clonmel, of Tipperary fame, at the weekend, and can confirm that Eldon's pub allows indoors vaping, O'Keefe's doesn't.

In Cork, the Roxy (formerly the Classic), Gorby's, the Savoy, the Vicarstown Bar... do not allow it.

Thread highlights how shit my social life is now.
    Thanks CJ. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

So the whole smoking ban is killing pubs thing is a whine they would prefer to whine about than alow an alternative. Thats Cork for ya.
    I was never stoped anywhare in Kilkenny but then again I never asked and if the place is crowed I usualy head to the beer garden.
    So The Set is Good and Ryans friary st, oh and John Cleers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I was in The RDS last week, took a couple of eGo batteries with Vision Stardusts on them...(the ce4's that TBS sells) the security guard who searched me threw a few blind eyes at me when he was searching me, but once i explained what they were, he left me through with them.

I still went out to the smoking area tho when i wanted a toot, but the security guards who saw me using it, said they'd never seen or heard of e-cigs before, they didn't have a problem with me using them in the main arena, but they said every time i was seen taking a toot, that'd i'd be confronted by one of the guards in there, so it was probably best if i just left it off and went outside for shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

eeloe wrote: »
    I was in The RDS last week, took a couple of eGo batteries with Vision Stardusts on them...(the ce4's that TBS sells) the security guard who searched me threw a few blind eyes at me when he was searching me, but once i explained what they were, he left me through with them.

I still went out to the smoking area tho when i wanted a toot, but the security guards who saw me using it, said they'd never seen or heard of e-cigs before, they didn't have a problem with me using them in the main arena, but they said every time i was seen taking a toot, that'd i'd be confronted by one of the guards in there, so it was probably best if i just left it off and went outside for shot!

I cant believe that the RDS security hasnt heard of e cigs, they should know.
    Also whats the gripe, they are legal and not included in the smoking ban. This whole 'looks like' thing is just bull.
    Are E cigs realy so underground that their isnt some general guidlines for indoor use already discussed by large venues. It shouldn't be a security guards job to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Are E cigs realy so underground that their isnt some general guidlines for indoor use already discussed by large venues. It shouldn't be a security guards job to decide.

It's only this last year or two it's really gained traction, and apparently this forum is the vanguard for the Rep. of Ireland.
    Most people (the ones that don't just throw a dirty look) when they see me are all "what the fuck is that? I bet it's weak as piss - *tokes, coughs, splutters* - where'd you get it?"
    Venues don't want to have to explain to smokers what you're doing - they'd have to hire extra staff, and suffer the indignation of self-righteous pricks.
    I wouldn't want to walk into that firing-line (but I still would).
    The more people make the switch, the better for all of us.
    There'll be a turning-point, probably led by pub-owners who start vaping themselves.
    All those "beer-gardens", slowly made useless, bar the... Summer... Mmmhmm.

• Advertisement
Advertisement