If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Speakers & Amp

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

I have a pair of the attached speakers in my kitchen ceiling, I'm simply running them through a cheap mini-hifi. I also have cables ran from outside back to the same faceplate in the kitchen. Can you recommend a pair of external speakers and also possibly an amp so that I could run the internal and external pairs individually. Ideally the amp would have a tuner and ability to connect to an ipod/iphone?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I have a pair of the attached speakers in my kitchen ceiling, I'm simply running them through a cheap mini-hifi. I also have cables ran from outside back to the same faceplate in the kitchen. Can you recommend a pair of external speakers and also possibly an amp so that I could run the internal and external pairs individually. Ideally the amp would have a tuner and ability to connect to an ipod/iphone?

Hi Clint long time no hear!

with those speakers I wouldnt goo too mad on your amp selection however there are a couple of amps that will do what you are looking for no problem and you can just partner them with a dock for your Apple..

The two I would use are both from Teac -

AG790 - This is a neat little receiver which has a tuner built in and A & B speakers (so you can switch off the external speakers) - not too expensive at £139.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/teac/ag790/teac-ag7090 and you could just use the Cambridge ID10 dock with it at £39.95 including the remote and accessories kit - this receiver actually sounds excellent. http://www.richersounds.com/product/ipods-docks-accessories/cambridge-audio/id10/camb-id10-ipod-dock

Stepping up a little the TEAC AG980 gives you individual volume and source control over
    both zones (it can actually run 4 pairs of speakers) - so you could play something different in both areas and better again you can play the external and internal zones at different volumes..however this is £249.95 - but the additional power and flexibility is really worth the extra spends.

On the speaker front I would highly recommend the Monitor Audio Climate 50's - they both look and sound completely superb - they are available in white and black and retail at £249.95.

http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/climate/cl50/

On a Boardie package deal I can do the following:

Teac AG790 / Cambridge Audio ID10 Dock & Remote kit / Monitor Audio CL50 /Pair Normal retail is £429 - Boardie Deal £349.95

Teac AG980 / Cambridge Audio ID10 Dock & Remote kit / Monitor Audio CL50 /Pair Normal retail is £539 - Boardie Deal £399.95..

Most of that kit is available from stock - give us a shout if you have any thoughts or of course if we can assist in any way,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Hi,
    That's great, thanks for the info, I'll get back to you via PM over the coming weeks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.