Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Of Legends

Options
  • 12-06-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anyone play LoL? If not download it here: euw.leagueoflegends.com
    Online game based off of DOTA.

Looking for people to play with, only been playing a couple of months
    Add me : Zinicki

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not really an MMO, nothing particularly Massively about it. There's a big thread over on the Games forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

who'd play that game. looks crap. has to be nobody playin that thing.

couldnt be popular at all. nobody would want to level up to 18 every time they play it, or have to pick 1 of 99 champions each time either!!! no way.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055889773

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056275950&page=81

http://www.facebook.com/groups/278320565546525/

piece of she'ite!

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    who'd play that game. looks crap. has to be nobody playin that thing.

couldnt be popular at all. nobody would want to level up to 18 every time they play it, or have to pick 1 of 99 champions each time either!!! no way.
    You should go tell them - all those poor people playing a game they couldn't possible enjoy. Or, alternatively, you could look at it as a skinner box free opportunity to experience attempting different skill builds and looking at the most tactical way to develop your character while under fire. Do you also think Stracraft players couldn't possibly want to build a new base everytime, and civilization players couldn't want to research the tech tree all over again?
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Can't believe this is coming from a Mod of this Forum :eek:
    LoL right now is surely the hugest FTP MMO RTS out there, millions of players afaik, big tournament scene all over the planet, game grew like scrofula on a musty dead rats testicle since it started.

I could accept or agree with someone saying it's more suited to Strategy (Has it's own LoL thread) or the massive thread in the Games Forum, but saying there's nothing particularly massive about it?

Wow :eek:

I didn't say there was nothing massive about it, I said there was nothing Massively about it. To correct what you said, its an FTP MORTT - it is not a "Massively Multiplayer" game and more than Modern Warfare 2 was a massively multiplayer game. For that it would need a persistent world in which it supports huge numbers of concurrent players.

I wasn't trying to slight it, sorry if it came out that way. Just being anally retentive about terminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Nickco

Yeah dudes I didn't know there was another thread about it, I just assumed it would be in the "Massively Multiplayer" section since hundreds of thousands of people play it online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Raphael wrote: »
    You should go tell them - all those poor people playing a game they couldn't possible enjoy. Or, alternatively, you could look at it as a skinner box free opportunity to experience attempting different skill builds and looking at the most tactical way to develop your character while under fire. Do you also think Stracraft players couldn't possibly want to build a new base everytime, and civilization players couldn't want to research the tech tree all over again?

I was only jokin mate.
    I play the game non stop meself. thats why i linked to the two threads and the facebook profile.

• Advertisement

Ahhh. Derp. My bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

This thread is so full of fail :-)

I wouldn't call LoL massively multiplayer either but it is a great game, loads of opportunity to display skill and really easy to pick up.

If you haven't tried it, you should!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

i hear online poker is a massively multiplayer game now since so many millions play is and compete in competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I started playing it recently and love it. Would recommend any mmo players who like pvp to try it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Close thread please.

EDIT: Clarification.

• Advertisement
Advertisement