Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

junior certificate home ec exam corrections

• 12-06-2012 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey,
    i've been given dates for correcting junior cert exams in home economics from 2nd july for 26 days.
    i have a best friemds wedding on 19th july and wondering if i could take 2days off for this or how does that work???
    its my first time doing correcting and dont want to miss out on this friends wedding because i missed her hen party!!

if amyone can offer a bit of advice it would be appreciated!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I moved your post here away from the bemused Junior Certs.

By that stage you'll be well into the correcting and it shouldn't be taking as long to get through each paper as it does at the start.
    Talk to your Advising Examiner and try get a bit ahead of yourself in the correcting and you might be able to swing it.
    Don't do anything without telling/consulting with your Advising Examiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

check your deadlines as soon as you get them to see if you have a deadline around the time of the wedding - you'll have to work ahead of schedule if this is the case
    but talk to your supervisor - they are great at sorting you out re this kind of thing.
    don't forget to allow the day before / after for the tan and the hangover :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hey

I took two days off last year to go to a wedding down the country and there were no issues. Only difference was the two days were at the weekend but my supervisor was fine with it. I was a bit ahead of myself before I left just in case.
    When they say full time they generally mean Monday to Friday/Saturday, usually post office hours, your only problem could be that it's weekday but if you are ahead of yourself it will be fine.

Z

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭smallgarden

the assistant examiners will vary but most should be okay with it,like other posters say its important to get ahead of the deadlines.i think two days is max youll realistically be able to take.youll get specific deadlines for so many marked and youll have to allow time for remarking scripts.as its your first year you shouldnt get as much papers as others so there should be less pressure.
    with home ec the first few days are spent marking sample 20 and then you could be about a week where you can only mark short questions and then you can start marking long questions. i find theres time its really busy and times its quiter just depends on progress youre making and how the deadlines fall.if youve any question re home ec give me shout.ive done it last four years,took break from it this year

Advertisement