Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damp Seal

• 12-06-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Hi guys

Part of an internal wall (at the bottom) has dampness. SO much so I removed the skirting. The paint is pealing away above the skirting too. I have removed the skirting and scraped off the pealing paint

Where the wall is not damp the original paint still exists. My question is I will apply damp seal to all exposed areas. If I just want to do a quick job can i just paint the the areas were I removed the pealing. Assuming I use the same colour as the original paint where there is no dampness Im guessing I wont get and exact shade?

Therefore I would have to do the whole wall. But if i do the whole wall im painting over the original paint and the areas where the wall has now no paint. So again I would have a different shade? SP is this becoming a very big job where i must remove all the paint of the wall so i can get the same shade through out?

Thanks
    Alan - the very unexperienced painter :D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Alan, you don't solve dampness with paint

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭allycavs

ill be putting damp seal where there is dampness first.
    the bottom section of the wall. there isnt that much dampness anyway.

Advertisement