Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

commuting between Drogheda & Ashbourne

Options
  • 12-06-2012 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

From what I can see Finlays bus at 7.30am drog to ash and back at 19.00 is the only way, someone please tell me that's not true, that's 2 hours after I finish work!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

There's no direct Bus Eireann service anyway. I didn't even think there was a private coach. There must be a bus between Drogheda and Duleek? If there is, you could get a bus to Duleek and then the 103 to Ashbourne. Bit of messing involved I know.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Rossin wrote: »
    From what I can see Finlays bus at 7.30am drog to ash and back at 19.00 is the only way, someone please tell me that's not true, that's 2 hours after I finish work!
    Is the Finlay's bus not the one going between NUI Maynooth and Drogheda? If that is the case, chances are that bus won't be running again until September when college starts again. Best option would be somehow getting to Duleek and getting the 103 Bus Eireann to Ashbourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Okay thanks guys. I rang Finlay and they don't run throughout the summer. So I'm in a spot of bother if i cant get to Duleek for 7.15 in the mornings... let the car-pool hunt begin!

One last question, I don't want to start a new thread for this. Is there anywhere in Duleek to leave a bike?? I'm thinking I could easily cycle to Duleek in the mornings to make that bus if I could be sure the bike will be there when I get back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭nager

Duleek is 3/4 of the way to Drogheda - you might as well keep cycling;)

• Advertisement

exactly. im coming from drogheda :D

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

As far as I recall there are services from drogheda to navan I think via kilmoon cross. Get off at kilmoon walk around the corner and there are a number of bus eireann/dublin bus that go from teh N2 through ashbourne to town. I think hat would be your best bet. I know a lot of commuters leave their cars at the cross roads and get the bus, I used to see a lot of people waiting on buses whilst driving to and from work there. I think those are the connections anyway but have a scour through bus eireanns site anyway. Its definately doable, failing that I think you could get a bus to swords and then back out to ashbourne

thanks man, its looking more and more like a cheap car is my best option!

the navan bus doesnt go to kilmoon and leaves too late for me anyway. the same bus wouldve dropped me to duleek but just too late...

cheap car it is :/

Advertisement