Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to contact businesses

Options
  • 12-06-2012 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

I have an idea for a business. I'd need to contact a lot, and I mean a lot of businesses for it to work. How would I go about doing this. Any site with a list of email addresses? Online businesses would probably be better but not sure if there's enough online businesses for it to work :P

I probably have more questions too :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You could try Googling 'list broker ireland' and buy a database of businesses. This can be expensive though.

Alternatively you could get a copy of Golden Pages and call all the businesses to get the relevant person you need. Be careful of sleepers (dummy addresses belonging to Golden Pages). If any of these businesses/addresses listed in Golden Pages receive unsolicited mail then you are in big trouble for breach of copyright.

Once you have called the businesses and checked their address/contact, transfer all the details to another media ie paper form or database. That database now belongs to you and you can now do with it what you wish.

Mail the list either by post or email with your proposition. Then follow up a couple of days later with a phone call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

You could try Googling 'list broker ireland' and buy a database of businesses. This can be expensive though.

Alternatively you could get a copy of Golden Pages and call all the businesses to get the relevant person you need. Be careful of sleepers (dummy addresses belonging to Golden Pages). If any of these businesses/addresses listed in Golden Pages receive unsolicited mail then you are in big trouble for breach of copyright.

Once you have called the businesses and checked their address/contact, transfer all the details to another media ie paper form or database. That database now belongs to you and you can now do with it what you wish.

Mail the list either by post or email with your proposition. Then follow up a couple of days later with a phone call.

Didn't know that! Cheers.

Basically what my idea involves is the business buying something from me, and it would be very cheap, and could be done online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I used to get the 50 best companies to work for in Ireland supplements online and the IDA gave me a free listing of all the residents of the parks as well - they will give it to anyone.

Also, the database companies will usually give you a free trial of their products - word of caution, they follow up aggressively so dont take the Michael.

Google largest compant, biggest, best, award, ernst & Young etc.

If you cant afford a database then you have to be prepared to dig. I found it broke up the tedium of the calls and was an interesting exercise in getting to know the company as I would have them on screen in fron of me when I was calling them.

What are you using to store the company/contact info? Sugar CRM is free programme and a good starting point.

Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss any further. Happy to help :)

Advertisement