Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**OL French...Before/After**

• 12-06-2012 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Only after dropping down from higher haha, for the writing section where it tells you what to include in the notes etc, does writing any extra sentences get you any marks? (:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jkeane16

nope...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Only after dropping down from higher haha, for the writing section where it tells you what to include in the notes etc, does writing any extra sentences get you any marks? (:

I honestly don't know but look at it this way, it's better to put them in and get nothing from them than it is to lose marks because you only put in the minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭robbiep94

Ya but if your wrong you loss marks. Just put them in if your 100% correct. Dont take any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Oh this exam will be so taxing...

Yup timing will be tought;)

• Advertisement

robbiep94 wrote: »
    Yup timing will be tought;)

Yea.. dont think I'll manage the whole paper in time.. ;)

On another note though, can you leave the exam early and come back for the aural?

Mista wrote: »

On another note though, can you leave the exam early and come back for the aural?

Thats a good question. I imagine ill be sleeping in my chair for half the exam if not:)

Thats a good question. I imagine ill be sleeping in my chair for half the exam if not:)

Me to... bring in an extra jumper, and put the head down on the desk.. hope i dont start snorin.. :/

Me to... bring in an extra jumper, and put the head down on the desk.. hope i dont start snorin.. :/

ya might set up my tent and head in for a nap and have a cup of tea with the supervisors:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TwoFace

I think so,our examiner told us that we will be allowed to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I always finish the paper extremely early like maybe after an hour.
    Last year I did and I was allowed to leave early but then had to be back for the aural.

Thank god! :D Get done in an hour, go get lunch, and study like hell for history!

Thank god! :D Get done in an hour, go get lunch, and study like hell for history!

Na just get lunch, no study

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

I love multiple choice!

Seriously though, what's everyone studying? Phrases?

Ah, ****. Completely missed the other thread. Mod, please delete!

Na just get lunch, no study

I dno about you, but im screwed for history, need all the time i can get! Even though im typing this...

I dno about you, but im screwed for history, need all the time i can get! Even though im typing this...

You finished tomorrow?

You finished tomorrow?

Nope... have 5 days to study for chemistry and DCG.. actually delighted with that :D Are you?

Nope... have 5 days to study for chemistry and DCG.. actually delighted with that :D Are you?

Nope, physics, accounting on Monday and Technology on the Thursday 22nd. Depressing thinking about it

Nope, physics, accounting on Monday and Technology on the Thursday 22nd. Depressing thinking about it

What's technology like? I was really annoyed that our school never even mentioned these subjects. I would've loved to do it. Heck, I do it in my own spare time already.

Ah dont worry, be grand.. we dont have any of those subjects in our school :/

• Advertisement

Wanchor wrote: »
    What's technology like? I was really annoyed that our school never even mentioned these subjects. I would've loved to do it. Heck, I do it in my own spare time already.

Ya its a cool subject project and porflio worth 50%. so only 50% next week. pity my project was seriously shocking:eek:

Ah dont worry, be grand.. we dont have any of those subjects in our school :/

You dont do Physics:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 temujin

back to french, is it really ok to only write about the points they ask because in the exam papers they give a full a4 page of space. also can some tell me what the layout is for the postcard and message/note ?? thanks

temujin wrote: »
    back to french, is it really ok to only write about the points they ask because in the exam papers they give a full a4 page of space. also can some tell me what the layout is for the postcard and message/note ?? thanks

You killed the page :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

temujin wrote: »

I'd imagine so, that's all I've ever done is that much.. Em, the postcard and message/note don't get marks for layout if I remember correctly, so it wouldn't matter :/ not 100% sure though, check the marking scheme :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Raisedbywolves

Can someone tell me the layout of the exam like what I will have to complete. I can't find any info online. I dropped back to pass just before my graduation and my teacher didn't tell me anything about the ordinary paper, thanks.

Can someone tell me the layout of the exam like what I will have to complete. I can't find any info online. I dropped back to pass just before my graduation and my teacher didn't tell me anything about the ordinary paper, thanks.

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2011/LC010GLP000EV.pdf

If you did higher, then this will b p*ss easy for you. :)

This exam is incredibly simple really, multiple choice, half a page for notes/letters, fill the gaps and 2 English comprehensions. It's a pity ordinary isnt worth more points. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Raisedbywolves

Omg this is great! And layouts don't matter? Thanks for that link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Only if you decide to do the letter, then the layout matters and you get marks for it :)

Advertisement