Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vasectomised ferret

• 12-06-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I realise this is going to provide amusement to some of you not involved in the ferret world, but I'm trying to find a vasectomised male ferret to either buy or borrow.

My own vasectomised ferret was killed a few weeks ago and I now have 2 females in season and I while I do have an entire male I don't want to breed any more kits.

For those of you reading this with a quizzical look, female ferrets stay in season until they are mated and can be prone to infection if left this way for a long time, therefore we keep a vasectomised hob to service them and take them out of season without breeding unwanted young.

Alternatively, if anyone has an adult male, I would be interested in buying one and having it vasectomised by my own vet.

Please PM if you can help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

You should try posting this in the hunting section, I imagine there would be more ferret keepers over that direction :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Thanks SillyMangoX

Have done as you suggested, should have thought of it myself.

Advertisement