Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Physics Can I ??

• 12-06-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if asked for a definition in HL LC physics,for example moment of a force,will I get full marks for writing out the formula (m=fd) and saying f= force,d= perpendicular distance etc.??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Hi guys,
    Just wondering if asked for a definition in HL LC physics,for example moment of a force,will I get full marks for writing out the formula (m=fd) and saying f= force,d= perpendicular distance etc.??

No

• Registered Users Posts: 23 wherewasslyvia

FinnD wrote: »
    Hi guys,

No

Seriously?You use to be able to though right??

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

I'm nearly certain you can

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jimdwyer

Hi guys,

Yes, but it's probably a good idea to translate the maths into english.

Eg. F= GMm/d^2 => The force is proportional to the product of two point masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

It should be ok once you include the units aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 SD021

Yeah you can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Hi guys,

Yes you can do that.As long as you have each symbol named correctly you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

No

don't listen to this fool

• Registered Users Posts: 23 wherewasslyvia

No

don't listen to this fool

Sweet,
    Thanks everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I'm sure you can. You can do so in chemistry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

Hi guys,

Yes as long as you give a key as to what all your symbols mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AndrewRobert

As of last year they accepted it, but I was very dubious about doing it considering everything, from formula's to symbols, are now in the log book. I think it has to be a matter of time before they stop accepting it..

Advertisement