Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUI Certificate in Counselling Skills/Addiction Studies

Options
  • 12-06-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, Looking at doing both of these NUI Certificate courses this September as foundation courses pre starting a longer term degree course next year in an associated subject.
    http://adulteducation.nuim.ie/courses/CounsellingSkills.shtml
    http://kilkenny.nuim.ie/courses/nui-certificate-courses/nui-certificate-addiction-studies

Has anyone done one or both of them? Looking for some course feedback and insight into the courses themselves. Between having 3 young kids and heavy ongoing work commitments I'm mainly concerned about the commitment involved taking in doing the two but if it's anyway doable I'd like to do both so it would be great to hear a bit on the workload.

Also I haven't studied in years so a bit apprehensive about doing a course at Certificate level but assuming I can get some support on campus with essay writing etc.

If anyone can advise or help me I would really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Hi.. I can't offer any real advice as I am in the same boat as yourself.. I have a small child and am looking at doing something in this field.. Thanks for these links, they are exactly what I was looking for to get started..

Best of luck.. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Maynooth are pretty good at giving you info on the work load and commitment involved. I know a couple of people who spoke to Mary Corbally in NUIM about taking on the Counselling skills course and they found it helpful. Maybe start there if you haven't spoken to her already? Tel: 01 7083784

• Registered Users Posts: 26 1Tony1

these courses sound very good thanks for the links sorry i cant help!

Advertisement