Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Now TV

• 12-06-2012 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Just heard today that Sky are launching a Netflix type service later in the summer called Now TV,with all the content that sky have maybe they will take some custom from Netflix.its subscription free,so its pay as you go.
    and it will be available via games consoles aswell as PCs.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Sure it will be just like the onDemand part of SkyGo.

For God sakes, they keep chaning their services :P And pay as you go? Ugh, I'll be happily sticking with Netflix :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

If I was to get an on demand service.

€19 a month for Skys Now TV
    or
    €7 a month for Netflix.

Don't think it will be Sky. Don't care how many films they have on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Sky Now is trying to target non Sky customers with Sky content. The service will offer all the movies and eventually Sky TV content from the likes of Sky Atlantic and Sky 1. Personally I find it appealing. Means I can keep UPC and have the Sky content I want via IPTV on demand without the need for a dish. Let's see how the launch goes. I'll be watching with interest and would pay if the content is there and the user experience is top class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Sky Now is trying to target non Sky customers with Sky content. The service will offer all the movies and eventually Sky TV content from the likes of Sky Atlantic and Sky 1. Personally I find it appealing. Means I can keep UPC and have the Sky content I want via IPTV on demand without the need for a dish. Let's see how the launch goes. I'll be watching with interest and would pay if the content is there and the user experience is top class.

there are some issue for republic of ireland's now tv subscribers, can't play a movie today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

ftakeith wrote: »
    there are some issue for republic of ireland's now tv subscribers, can't play a movie today

no Now tv for republic of ireland viewers, no access for irish viewers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 russes01

ftakeith wrote: »
    no Now tv for republic of ireland viewers, no access for irish viewers

i was able to subscribe yesterday and watch a film no problem. today i am locked out.

problem is i am registered, how do i remove my payment details if i cant access the website

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Flip Flop

According to this article on the Silicon Republic website this service will launch in Ireland at a later date.
    http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/28339-now-tv-skys-internet-tv-s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 alfaealba

Is there going to be any "recent" films on Sky. Signed up originally with Netflix but newest release was probably about 3 years old, v disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Anyone signed up for this yet? Any good/Worth it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads, and its not available in the Republic anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement