Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines to Croke Park -Early morning

Options
  • 12-06-2012 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi, I have to be at Croke Park at 10am Thursday morning. I checked worldtaximeter and it said normally it would take 20mins in a taxi. Would this still be the case at 9am ish? I imagine traffic would be pretty bad?

It's a very important appointment so I cannot afford to be late so If I was to be there for 9:30 Im wondering what time I should get the taxi at ie is 20 mins realistic travel time considering the time in the morning?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

20 minutes no problem

Leave at 9am and head for a coffee in the hotel next door when you get there

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭MardiB

Hey,

If you prefer you can get the no. 14 or 15 buses from Rathmines to the Strand Road which is five minutes from Croke Park. They are both regular and benefit from the bus lanes. Just offering you an alternative.

I reckon 40 mins by taxi should give you plenty of time, but if you are worried about being late, give yourself longer and then grab a coffee somewhere if you are too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

MardiB wrote: »
    Hey,

If you prefer you can get the no. 14 or 15 buses from Rathmines to the Strand Road which is five minutes from Croke Park. They are both regular and benefit from the bus lanes. Just offering you an alternative.

I reckon 40 mins by taxi should give you plenty of time, but if you are worried about being late, give yourself longer and then grab a coffee somewhere if you are too early.

Its a bit more then five minutes, its between 10/15 minutes.

Advertisement