Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Accounting...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

ACBBFG wrote: »
    Got the same

Yess, hopefully 25 % in the bag if I got my theory right :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

anybody do the costing flexible and have answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

hiyakeano wrote: »
    Where did you put the stock in the profit and loss account??? (caused it said to put it in separately)
    No, you had to put the loss in separate, the 1000 difference between the compensation and the stock damaged went in as an expense. You had to take the 5000 out of purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Sunny!! wrote: »
    The general answer that was floating around my school was 9.015 for department 1 and 25.34 for department 2 and a contribution of 211300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I think I got 9.015 for the variable part of the flexible??
    Think its wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

Yeah i wrote my answers down on the question booklet, not sure how right they are...

after transferring service departments into production departments i had 36060 in department 1 and 25340 in department 2

I got 9.02 for my overhead rate for department 1. I had to round that so I'm not 100 % confident about it.
    For department 2 I got 25.34

For the flex budget I got 166900 for the profit of my marginal costing statement

RedTexan wrote: »
    The general answer that was floating around my school was 9.015 for department 1 and 25.34 for department 2 and a contribution of 211300

thank you got them as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ACBBFG

whatsec wrote: »
    For the flex budget I got 166900 for the profit of my marginal costing statement

Got that as well

anyone remember there farm account figures?

- 640840 capital
    - C+M 34574
    - sheep 19876
    - P and L 42710
    - Drawing 3050

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Just realized I forgot to show the contribution. I just did the flexible budget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I got nothing right.
    Should have studied.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 insua

Pwned that paper in the ass. Could of got a sneaky b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭Mr.Fun

Easiest Paper Ever!!!!!!!!!
    A1 All The Way!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

whatsec wrote: »
    mine balanced at 883960

YES, one side was that. was only 4,00 out. must habe made a stupid mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BigMike27

Just realised I did the whole ratios q thinking the ones in the box were for 2010 not projected for 2012!:(
    was certain of the A1 before that but now probably a B1!

Fook it anyways! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

Weird how there was a farm and service like the DEB mock!! Someone in there must help make the paper, there's no way you would do that randomly!

Helloxoxo wrote: »
    Weird how there was a farm and service like the DEB mock!! Someone in there must help make the paper, there's no way you would do that randomly!

i was thinking that lol. and the q8 was similiar apart from the flexible budgeting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Can someone explain the Stock working in q1? Was the 5000 treated as a S&D expense? And the 4000, a current asset. With no adjustment to Stock (Closing) or Purchases?

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the Stock working in q1? Was the 5000 treated as a S&D expense? And the 4000, a current asset. With no adjustment to Stock (Closing) or Purchases?
    I hasn't a clue. I took the 5000 from purch, put 4000 into current assets in the bal as insurance due and 1000 as a loss on fire in s/d .. totally wrong but i didn't know what else to do :L

btw, can someone tell me what the balance was for Q1? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

I hasn't a clue. I took the 5000 from purch, put 4000 into current assets in the bal as insurance due and 1000 as a loss on fire in s/d .. totally wrong but i didn't know what else to do :L

The fact it said that it must be treated separately in the P&L led me to not adjusting the purchases or recording a loss. I honestly don't know :P

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    The fact it said that it must be treated separately in the P&L led me to not adjusting the purchases or recording a loss. I honestly don't know :P

haha! Too late now :P We'll only lose a few marks if we're wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

BigMike27 wrote: »
    Just realised I did the whole ratios q thinking the ones in the box were for 2010 not projected for 2012!:(
    was certain of the A1 before that but now probably a B1!

Fook it anyways! :/

Just realised I did the same.... 35 marks gone out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BigMike27

Booom! wrote: »
    Just realised I did the same.... 35 marks gone out the window

hindsight's a bítch! :/

I think thats right actually

Booom! wrote: »
    I think thats right actually

:D NO WAY?
    Anyone care to confirm this? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

:D NO WAY?
    Anyone care to confirm this? :O

It is right (from an accounting teacher)

milosh wrote: »

What a guess! I think I've been underratting my accountancy skills! ;) haha

milosh wrote: »

While there's a teacher online, will I get marks for calculating the relevant ratios for the part b even if the theory was wrong? I thought the ratios in the box were for last year, but they were actually projected ratios :(

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Helloxoxo

Helloxoxo wrote: »

i was thinking that lol. and the q8 was similiar apart from the flexible budgeting

Our teacher said that the mock from them is nearly always right! But nobody actually believed 2 of farm/service/club would come up!

Advertisement